Ion channel family
|Ion channel (eukaryotic)|
Potassium channel KvAP, structure in a membrane-like environment. Calculated hydrocarbon boundaries of the lipid bilayer are indicated by red and blue dots.
|Ion channel (bacterial)|
Potassium channel KcsA. Calculated hydrocarbon boundaries of the lipid bilayer are indicated by red and blue dots.
Transmembrane ion channel family was defined in InterPro and Pfam as the family of tetrameric sodium, potassium, and calcium ion channels, in which two C-terminal transmembrane helices flank a loop which determines ion selectivity of the channel pore. This large group of ion channels apparently includes families 1.A.1, 1.A.2, 1.A.3, and 1.A.4 of transporter classification.
Many eukaryotic channels have four additional transmembrane helices (TMH) (Pfam PF00520), whereas a bacterial structure of the protein has only two transmembrane helices that form the tetrameric channel (Pfam PF07885).
Human channels with 6 TM helices
- MCOLN1; MCOLN2; MCOLN3;
- TPCN1; TPCN2
- TRPC1: TRPC3; TRPC4; TRPC5; TRPC6; TRPC7
- TRPM1; TRPM2; TRPM3; TRPM4; TRPM5; TRPM6; TRPM7; TRPM8
- TRPV1; TRPV2; TRPV3; TRPV4; TRPV5; TRPV6
- CACNA1A; CACNA1B; CACNA1C; CACNA1D; CACNA1E; CACNA1F; CACNA1G; CACNA1H; CACNA1I; CACNA1S
- CATSPER1; CATSPER2; CATSPER3; CATSPER4
- RYR1; RYR2; RYR3
- KCNA1; KCNA2; KCNA3; KCNA4; KCNA5; KCNA6; KCNA7; KCNA10
- KCNB1; KCNB2
- KCNC1; KCNC2; KCNC3; KCNC4
- KCND1; KCND2; KCND3
- KCNG1; KCNG2; KCNG3; KCNG4
- KCNH1; KCNH2; KCNH3; KCNH4; KCNH5; KCNH6; KCNH7; KCNH8
- KCNQ1; KCNQ2; KCNQ3; KCNQ4; KCNQ5
- KCNS1; KCNS2; KCNS3
- KCNV1; KCNV2
- SCN1A; SCN2A; SCN2A2; SCN3A; SCN4A; SCN5A; SCN7A; SCN8A; SCN9A; SCN10A; SCN11A
- SLC9A10; SLC9A11
Human channels with two TM helices in each subunit, as in bacteria
- KCNK1; KCNK2; KCNK3; KCNK4; KCNK5; KCNK6; KCNK7; KCNK9; KCNK10; KCNK12; KCNK13; KCNK15; KCNK16; KCNK17; KCNK18
- KCNN1; KCNN2; KCNN3; KCNN4;
- KCNT1; KCNT2
- "Voltage-gated Ion Channels". IUPHAR Database of Receptors and Ion Channels. International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology.
|This membrane protein–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|