From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Jota.
|Look up iota in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Iota is the ninth letter of the Greek alphabet. It is also a term used in conversation to metaphorically suggest something very small (i.e. "the least iota").
Iota may also refer to:
- Ɩ or Latin iota, a letter of the Latin alphabet
- Iota, Louisiana, a town in the United States
- iOTA (entertainer), an Australian singer and actor, born Sean Hape.
- Iota (Milestone Comics), a superhero in the comic book Heroes
- Iota (barque), a vessel from the port of Naples, wrecked in December 1893
- Iota (comic strip), a syndicated newspaper comic strip by Mike Keefe and Tim Menees
- In APL, ιN is an operator generating a vector of every integer from 1 to N
- Iota and Jot, two esoteric programming languages
- The Iota Toxin, a type of pore forming toxin that acts to destroy the actin cytoskeleton
- Iota Carrageenan, a type of gelling Carrageenan used in the food industry.
- Infrared Optical Telescope Array (IOTA)
- International Occultation Timing Association (IOTA)
- International Ovarian Tumour Analysis group (IOTA), founded in 1999 to develop standardized terminology in the stated area
- Intra-European Organisation of Tax Administrations (IOTA)
- Islands on the Air (IOTA), a list of islands maintained by the Radio Society of Great Britain
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Iota.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.