Iowa Department of Human Services
Juvenile correctional facilities
Since 2014 Iowa has no juvenile correctional facility for girls; they are either tried in juvenile court and sent to out-of-state facilities, and/or are tried in adult court and sent to Iowa Department of Corrections facilities for female sentenced felons. The Toledo Iowa Juvenile Home/Girls State Training School (IJH/GSTS), located in Toledo, previously served delinquent girls.
- "Director's Office." Iowa Department of Human Services. Retrieved on August 24, 2010.
- "Eldora State Training School for Boys." Iowa Department of Human Services. Retrieved on August 24, 2010.
- Kaufmann, Clark. "Iowa Juvenile Home's closure creates gender disparity" (Archive). The Des Moines Register. July 19, 2014. Retrieved on December 14, 2015.
- "Toledo Iowa Juvenile Home/Girls State Training School." Iowa Department of Human Services. Retrieved on August 24, 2010.
- Wood, Sharon E. The Freedom of the Streets: Work, Citizenship, and Sexuality in a Gilded Age City. The University of North Carolina Press, 2005. Chapel Hill and London. 187. ISBN 0-8078-5601-0 (paperback).
- Lyle, Leon. "SOCIAL SERVICES FOR CHILDREN IN IOWA: THE FIRST HUNDRED YEARS." Government of Iowa. January 1957. 20 (20/51). Retrieved on October 3, 2010.