Iowa Mennonite School
|Iowa Mennonite School|
|1421 540th St. SW
Kalona, Iowa 52247
|Administrator||Dwight Gingerich (Assistant)|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Average class size||30 students|
Iowa Mennonite School (IMS) is an independent, Christian high school near Kalona, Iowa, established in 1945.
Approximately 60% of the students are Mennonite, although students from any religious background are welcome. In all, there are about 90 students from ninth grade to twelfth grade.
"The purpose of Iowa Mennonite School is to provide a quality high school education that will encourage and enable each student to become a more informed, skilled and compassionate disciple within the body of Christ. In an atmosphere of a caring community of faculty, staff, parents and church, students will be encouraged to follow the teachings and example of Jesus Christ as interpreted in Anabaptist/Mennonite theology."
IMS is a member of the Iowa High School Athletic Association (IHSAA), the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union (IGHSAU), and the Southeast Iowa Superconference (SEISC). The sports offered at IMS are baseball, boys basketball, girls basketball, cheerleading, cross country, golf, boys soccer, softball, track, and volleyball. It also has a partnership with Clear Creek Amana Community School District for football and Mid-Prairie Community Schools for girls soccer.
- "Iowa Mennonite School". Private School Review.com. 2012. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Information on Local Schools." Iowa City Press Citizen 3 Mar. 2010. www.press-citizen.com. 3 Mar. 2010. Web. 3 Mar. 2010.
- "Iowa Mennonite School." Wordpress. Web. 3 Mar. 2010. .
- "Faith Statement" www.iowamennonite.org
- "Athletics" www.iowamennonite.org
- "Football" www.iowamennonite.org
- "Girls Soccer" www.iowamennonite.org
- Official website
- Iowa Mennonite School (Kalona, Iowa, USA) at Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online