Iowa Township, Sherman County, Kansas
Location in Sherman County
|• Total||107.56 sq mi (278.59 km2)|
|• Land||107.56 sq mi (278.59 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||3,497 ft (1,066 m)|
|• Density||0.4/sq mi (0.2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0471251|
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Washington Township — north
- Union Township — northeast
- Kingery Township, Thomas County — east
- McAllester Township, Logan County — southeast
- Wallace Township, Wallace County — south
- Smoky Township — west
- Itasca Township — northwestern corner
The north fork of the Smoky Hill River flows through the southwestern part of Iowa Township, and the source of the south fork of the Solomon River is located in the northeastern part of the township.
Only local roads are located in Iowa Township.
- "Subcounty population estimates: Kansas 2000-2007" (CSV). United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2009-03-18. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- Detailed Kansas map, United States Census Bureau, 2000. Accessed 2009-03-23.
- DeLorme. Kansas Atlas & Gazetteer. 4th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2009, p. 28-29. ISBN 0-89933-342-7.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Iowa Township, Sherman County, Kansas
- §80-120, Kansas Statutes. Accessed 2009-03-23.