This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Initial release||May 5, 2012|
Iperius Backup 5.0.4 / August 28, 2017
|Operating system||Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012|
|Available in||Italian, English, German, Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Korean, Portuguese|
|License||Freeware Commercial Proprietary|
Iperius Backup is a backup software for Windows. It allows users to make automatic backups of files and folders on many devices: external USB hard drives, RDX drives, NAS, LTO/DAT tape drives, networked computers, Cloud storage and FTP Backup. Iperius Backup includes drive imaging, backup of SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle Database and disaster recovery capabilities.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Main features
- 3 Hardware and software requirements
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
- 7 External links
Iperius Backup is a backup software and synchronization utility compatible with all Windows platforms. The software is released in different editions: there is a freeware version with limited functionalities, followed by an Essential, an Advanced and a Full edition.
- Installation as Windows service
- Compatible with all Windows editions, including Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- Unlimited backup jobs, unlimited source items and unlimited destinations
- Parallel execution of multiple backups
- Open file backup (copy of locked files with VSS)
- Hot backup of Hyper-V virtual machines
- Hot backup of Outlook files, Exchange archives and databases
- Running of external scripts / programs, before and after the backup
- Special variables to customize paths and settings
- Chaining of multiple backup jobs
- Automatic authentication to access network shared folders
- Data encryption with high-level security (AES 256 bit)
- Exclusion and inclusion filters for specific items and file extensions
- Integrated scheduler to run the backup automatically
- Automatic computer shutdown
Iperius Backup is a software for FTP backup on any type of server or NAS. Iperius can send backups to a remote server with a few configurations, with the secure FTPS protocol and also with zip compression and AES 256 bit encryption. It can perform automated upload of entire websites, limit the transfer bandwidth, make parallel transfers to multiple servers.
SQL Server Backup
Iperius Backup is a software for backing up SQL Server databases. Compatible with all editions of Microsoft database server: 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2012. It back up unlimited databases and servers, even remote, and run the restore in a simple way, even creating a new database.
Iperius Backup is a software to make backups of Oracle databases, version 9i, 10g and 11g, from any Windows operating system. Iperius can also make backups of the free database Oracle Express Edition (Oracle XE). In a single backup program there are several methods to protect Oracle databases, from the basic RMAN backup to the VSS backup (snapshot).
Iperius Backup can use the free cloud storage services offered by well-known providers like Google or Microsoft. Iperius Backup allows to save files remotely to Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, S3 or Azure. It supports automatic compression and AES encryption.
Iperius Backup supports any tape drive. It allows users to save files to DAT, DLT, SDLT, LTO 1/2/3/4 - LTO 5 and LTO 6 devices. It supports data compression and encryption, and parallel backups to multiple tape drives at the same time.
Although the tape backup works well, the tape backup processes do not provide a lot of warning messages (ie "you're about to overwrite a tape. Yes/No").
The tape backup will abort if the tape fills up. There is no option (as of September 2017) to continue the backup on a 2nd tape.
Iperius Backup supports the Windows drive imaging (block-level) backup, that allows to copy/clone the whole disk. The disk image created by Iperius Backup can be used to restore the system even on a dissimilar hardware (hardware independent restore). It is also possible to restore individual files and folders.
This program can synchronize files and folders to external hard drives or to network devices (like NAS servers). It is possible to copy files and folders to an unlimited number of destinations and keep mirror copies deleting those files no more existing in the source folders.
This program includes compression and encryption features. It creates compatible zip files, and it is possible to choose whether to protect zip files with a password or synchronize the zip file content. Iperius Backup can create unlimited-size zip archives (Zip 64) and it fully supports unicode and long paths.
After a backup is completed, Iperius can send an e-mail containing the detailed report of the backup procedures (also through the secure SSL protocol), to keep the user informed about the backup result. It is possible to specify different e-mail recipients and different sending conditions (e.g. to send the e-mail depending on the backup result).
Iperius Online Storage: it is possible to save data online with the Iperius cloud backup. With FTP and FTPS support, compression and AES client-side encryption.
Hardware and software requirements
Minimum hardware requirements
- Intel Pentium Processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 10 MB free disk space
Supported operating systems
- Disk image
- Disk cloning
- List of backup software
- List of disk imaging software
- List of disk cloning software
- Official website: http://www.iperiusbackup.com
- Italian website: http://www.iperiusbackup.it
- French website: http://www.iperiusbackup.fr
- Spanish website: http://www.iperiusbackup.es
- German website: http://www.iperiusbackup.de
- Company website: http://www.entersrl.it