||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Ippudo, also known as Hakata Ippūdō (博多一風堂?) in Japan, is a Japanese ramen restaurant chain. Ippudo is well-known for its tonkotsu ramen, and has been described as "the most famous tonkotsu ramen shop in the country".
Ippudo was first started in Fukuoka by Shigemi Kawahara, the CEO of Chikaranomoto Company. "Ippudo" in direct translation means "one wind hall", and this is named because at the time, there were dark clouds over the Kyushu ramen industry, and the founder CEO Kawahara intended to "blow wind and revolutionise the era".
The first restaurant opened in 1985, in the Daimyo District of Chuo Ward, in Fukuoka City. Gradually the number of restaurants expanded from regional areas to the whole of Japan, mainly in the Kanto and Kansai regions. In the year 2000 as a tie-up with Seven Eleven a cup noodle version was made by Nissin Foods.
In 2008 the first overseas restaurant opened in New York City's East Village, with another location in Midtown West opening in 2013. Ippudo NY has been praised many times in the press for its ramen bowls.  2009 saw Ippudo expand into Singapore with a restaurant in the Mandarin Gallery section of the 5-star Mandarin Orchard Singapore hotel, while a second restaurant, Ippudo Tao, was opened in 2010 at UE Square. In 2013, it was re-branded as Ippudo SG @ Mohamed Sultan. On 18 July 2011, Ippudo officially opened their Hong Kong branch in Silvercord, Tsim Sha Tsui.
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- New York City, USA
- London, UK
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Manila, Philippines
- Hong Kong
- Seoul, South Korea
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Tainan, Taiwan
- Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Sydney, Australia
- Shanghai, China
- Guangzhou, China
- Shenzhen, China
- Beijing, China
- Paris, France
- From the Source - Japan. Lonely Planet. Lonely Planet Publications. 2016. pp. pt384–386. ISBN 978-1-76034-311-8. Retrieved May 16, 2017.
- "IPPUDO NY • Japanese Ramen Noodle Restaurant". Ippudony.com. 1985-10-15. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Glenn Collins (2013-06-20). "Ippudo Brings Its Ramen to Midtown". nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Scott Lynch (2016-02-13). "The 11 Best Ramen Spots in NYC". gothamist.com. Retrieved 2016-06-09., Liam Clark (2016-01-24). "The Best Ramen in NYC". forkit.com. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- "About us". Ippudo. 2009-12-12. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Khushbu Shah (2014-08-14). "Ramen Chain Ippudo Expanding to London". eater.com. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ippudo.|