|Public (Euronext: IPN)|
Marc de Garidel (Non-executive Chairman)David Meek (Chief Executive Officer)
Number of employees
Ipsen is a French pharmaceutical company headquartered in Paris, France. It primarily develops and markets medications used in oncology, endocrinology and the treatment of neuromuscular disorders. It is publicly traded on the Euronext Paris as part of the SBF 120 index.
Ipsen is a global specialty-driven pharmaceutical company with total sales exceeding €1.4 billion in 2015. Ipsen's ambition is to become a leader in specialty healthcare solutions for targeted debilitating diseases. Its development strategy is supported by 3 franchises: neurology, endocrinology and oncology. Moreover, the Group has an active policy of partnerships. Ipsen's R&D is focused on its innovative and differentiated technological platforms, peptides and toxins.
The Beaufour family, which ranks as the 42nd richest family in France, still owns 57% of its shares and 73% of its voting rights, and two of its members, Anne Beaufour and Henri Beaufour, sit on its board of directors.
The Board of Directors of Ipsen has appointed David Meek as Chief Executive Officer, effective July 18, 2016. On this date, Marc de Garidel will assume the role of non-executive chairman and will continue to serve the Board of Directors through his deep industry expertise. In addition, Marc de Garidel will advise Mayroy, the Ipsen controlling holding company.
In 2015, Ipsen spent close to €200 million—13% of consolidated sales—on research and development.
in October 2016, European Commission approves Ipsen’s Cabometyx (Cabozantinib) Tablets for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in adults following prior vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-targeted therapy.
The CABOSUN study, presented at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) 2016 congress, showed Cabometyx (Cabozantinib) can decrease the rate of disease progression or death by 31% in advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC).
End 2016, Ipsen's global presence spans 115 countries. US is the number one affiliate with more than 300 people and nearly €158m sales.
Board of directors
The Board of Directors sets the strategic guidelines for Ipsen’s activities and oversees implementation.
- Marc de Garidel, chairman
- Anne Beaufour.
- Henri Beaufour.
- Hervé Couffin.
- Antoine Flochel (Vice-Chairman).
- Mayroy SA (represented by Philippe Bonhomme).
- Pierre Martinet.
- Michèle OLLIER.
- Hélène AURIOL-POTIER.
- Christophe Vérot.
- Carol Xueref.
Corporate executives are responsible for managing the Group’s operations and coordinating the Group’s various scientific, legal, financial, commercial and strategic actions.
- David Meek, CEO since July 2016.
- Jonathan Barnsley, Executive Vice President, Technical Operations since April 2014.
- Stéphane Bessette, Executive Vice President Human Resources since October 2015.
- Jean Fabre, Executive Vice President, Primary Care Business Unit since November 2013.
- Christophe Jean, Executive Vice President, Strategy and Business Development since November 2013.
- François Garnier, Executive Vice President, General Counsel since January 2015.
- Aymeric Le Chatelier, Executive Vice President, Finance since November 2014.
- Harout Semerjian, President, Head of Specialty Care International Region & Global Franchises.
- Cynthia Schwalm, Executive Vice President, North America Commercial Operations.
- Dominique Laymand, Senior Vice President, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer.
- Didier Véron, Senior Vice President, Public Affairs and Corporate Communication.
- Heather White, Vice President, Global Internal Audit.
In 1983, Ipsen founded the Ipsen Foundation (Fondation Ipsen) with the help of the Fondation de France to track progress in biomedical research. It is headquartered in Boulogne-Billancourt. It has organised 64 colloquia, and it has partnered with the World Health Organisation, the Fondation Nationale de Gérontologie, Harvard University, the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, the Massachusetts General Hospital, and the academic journals Nature and Cell.
- Official website, Key Figures. Ipsen.com.
- Challenges wealth ranking. Challenges.fr.
- Challenges. Challenges.fr.
- Board of Directors. Ipsen.com.
-  Marc de Garidel, non-executive chairman
-  David Meek appointed CEO Ipsen
-  Marc de Garidel q2 2016 result earnings call transcript
-  European Commission approves Ipsen’s Cabometyx for treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma
-  Ipsen eyes first-line licence for new advanced kidney cancer drug Cabometyx
-  Ipsen - David Meek on Ipsen's strategic pillars and hopes in oncology
- Fondation Ipsen. Ipsen.com.
- (French) Fondation de France. Fondation de France.