|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (June 2014)|
Video Analytics Industry
The Video Analytics industry was estimated to be worth $7.5bn in 2012 and is forecasted to reach $21bn by 2020 according to Homeland Security Marketing Research report.
Typical use cases for this technology according to British Security Industry Association(BSIA) are:
- External and internal intruder detection
- Monitoring of plant or buildings for health and safety
- People counting
- Automatic traffic event and incident detection
- Safety enhancements for public areas (PA announcements etc)
- Smoke and fire detection
- Camera failure or sabotage detection
These use cases are applicable across a broad spectrum of industries including transport, retail, energy, critical infrastructure and government.
Ipsotek uses software combined with purpose-built hardware to provide intelligent video surveillance. Metadata relating to people/vehicle movement, event detection and counting statistics are created and analysed (including raising alerts) at the camera network “edge” or centrally. See published paper "Evaluation of motion-based algorithms for automated crowd management " for theoretical rationalisation and examples of how this technology can be used in crowd management. Scene object tracking and camera network mapping based on image track start and end points, or Scenario-based detection (patented), enables precise targeting of behaviour analytics over multiple cameras.
- Ipsotek holds i-LIDS Primary Classification for sterile zone monitoring. i-LIDS is a government initiative to benchmark video analytics (VA) systems and give classification to those that meet Government requirements.
- Gold winner of CCTV System of the Year 2012 (IFSEC International Security Industry Awards ) for scenario-based detection product, Tag and Track.
- Global Security challenge 2011 winner
- "Ipsotek provides video analytics to The London Eye". Security Park. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Video analytical people counter watch over Spice Girls concert". Pro Security Zone. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Intelligent Video Surveillance, ISR & Video Analytics: Technologies & Global Market – 2013-2020". Homeland Security Research Report. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "BSIA publishes guide to video content analysis". BSIA. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "A motion-based image processing system for detecting potentially dangerous situations in underground railway stations". Kingston University. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Evaluation of motion-based algorithms for automated crowd management" (PDF). Kingston University. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "iLids - Imagery Library for Intelligent Detection Systems". gov.uk. gov.uk. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Ipsotek iLids Recognised". Ipsotek. Ipsotek. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Winners gain top accolades at the IFSEC International Security Industry Awards 2012". IFSEC.co.uk. IFSEC. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Visual surveillance award success". Kingston.ac.uk. Kingston Uni. Retrieved 3 June 2014.