|Slogan||Taking You Places|
|Parent||Ipswich Borough Council|
|Service type||Bus services|
|Routes||33 (March 2018)|
|Fleet||84 (October 2017)|
|Chief executive||Heath Williams|
The company operates buses throughout the town and surrounding villages. Its depot is situated in Constantine Road, near Ipswich Town's Portman Road football ground. First Norfolk & Suffolk also operate bus services in the town on complementary routes.
The origins of Ipswich Buses can be traced to November 1903 when Ipswich Corporation commenced operating trams. In 1923 the trams were replaced by trolleybuses. Buses were introduced from August 1950. To comply with the Transport Act 1985, in 1986 the assets of Ipswich Corporation were transferred to a new legal entity, Ipswich Buses.
As at March 2018 Ipswich Buses operate 33 routes.
Park & Ride
Ipswich Buses operated the Ipswich park & ride system under contract to Suffolk County Council from 1997 until 2008 when First Eastern Counties took over the service. In November 2013 Ipswich Buses recommenced operating the park and ride service. In July 2017 First Norfolk & Suffolk took over its operation.
As at March 2019 the fleet consisted of 77 buses.
- Companies House extract company no 2000058 Ipswich Buses Limited
- Ipswich Buses services
- Ipswich: Borough-owned firm wins back park-and-ride contract East Anglian Daily Times 13 July 2013
- Ipswich Buses awarded Park and Ride contract Ipswich Buses
- First Group takes over Ipswich park & ride in July with fewer buses Ipswich Star 26 April 2017
- "Changes to buses around Ipswich from 2nd July 2017" FirstGroup
- Fleet list access portal at official website.
Media related to Ipswich Buses at Wikimedia Commons