|Born||24 November 1997|
|Alma mater||University of Karachi|
|Partner(s)||Yasir Hussain (2019–present)|
|Relatives||Sidra Aziz (sister)|
Iqra Aziz (born 24 November 1997) is a Pakistani television actress. She has played a role of Jiya in Momina Duraid's Suno Chanda (2018) for which she received critical acclaim and Lux Style Awards for Best Television Awards. She has received two Hum Awards for her work in Urdu television.
Aziz first auditioned as a television commercial model and was picked by Citrus Talent Agency. She made her acting debut with a supporting role in Kissey Apna Kahein (2014) and had her first leading role with the 2015 romantic series Muqaddas. Subsequently, she is known for her leading roles in Deewana (2016), Laaj (2016), Socha Na Tha (2016), Choti Si Zindagi (2016), Natak (2016), Gustakh Ishq (2017), Ghairat (2017), Qurban (2018), Suno Chanda (2018), Tabeer (2018) and Ranjha Ranjha Kardi (2018).
Aziz was born on 24 November 1997 into a Sindhi family to Abdul Aziz and Aasiya Aziz. She belongs to a family of 3 – her mother, herself and her elder sister Sidra Aziz. She lost her father at a very young age and was raised by her mother. She mentioned in interviews about her mother's struggles being a single parent. According to her, it was very difficult for them to meet the day to day financial needs. Her mother is credited to be first female Careem driver in Karachi. Aziz resides in Karachi along with her mother. She has an uncompleted Bachelors of Commerce degree from University of Karachi, and she wishes to complete it as soon as she gets a break from acting and modelling.
Aziz started her career when she was 14. In an interview she mentions her mother always wanted that she should complete her education before turning to acting. She dabbled into acting with the help of her elder sister. She first auditioned as a Television commercial model and was picked by Talent agency Citrus. Aziz continues to appear in Television commercials till date. Later she was noticed by Hum TV's co producer Momina Duraid who offered her a role in her series Kissey Apna Kahein. She acted along with Arij Fatyma, Danish Taimoor, Shabbir Jan and other senior actors in the series.
She followed her acting career with a leading role in another Hum TV's drama series Muqaddas, an adaptation of Adeel Razzak's novel of the same name. She was seen opposite Noor Hassan. Series proved to be the break-through for her and she received Hum Award for Best Television Sensation female. The series also received mix reviews and was nominated for Best Television Play at annual Lux Style Awards. In the same year she appeared as a Parallel lead in Ilyas Kashmiri's directorial Mol.
In 2016 she was seen in a leading role in Socha Na Tha and Deewana. In the later, she played the character of Mehar Sultana (Mehru) who befriends the mischievous but loving Jinn Falak (Shehroz Sabzwari) and eventually falls in love with him. Aziz subsequently did a supporting role of Marina Zaman in Ahmed Bhatti's directorial Kisay Chahoon and a Parallel lead role of Mannat Chaudhary in Laaj. Her on-screen chemistry with Shehzad Sheikh in Choti Si Zindagi was praised and both received a nomination for Best Onscreen Couple. The series also garnered her a nomination for Best Actress at Hum Awards.
Aziz then starred in Gustakh Ishq opposite Zahid Ahmed and did a guest appearance in 2017 series Dil-e-Jaanam. She appeared in Ghairat (series based on Honour Killing) along with Syed Jibran and Muneeb Butt and in romantic drama Khamoshi opposite Zara Noor Abbas, Affan Waheed and Bilal Khan. The later of which was a critically and commercial hit. In Khamoshi, Aziz played the character of Naeema, an arrogant, greedy and career-driven girl. Her role as antagonist was praised. A reviewer from Mangobaaz wrote, "The way she has portrayed Naeema’s character so well that you can’t help but hate her". Aziz walked the ramp for designer Aisha Farid's collection Crystalline on Hum TV's Bridal Couture Week. In early January 2018, she wrapped up the shooting of an Urdu music video "O Jaana" with Hamza Malik and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan which was released in July 2018. and did a special appearance in Asim Azhar's music video "Jo Tu Na Mila".
The following year, Aziz collaborated with Shehzad Sheikh for the second time, (alongside Bilal Abbas Khan and Omair Rana) in Idream Entertainment's Qurban. She appeared as Heer, a bubbly and bright girl hailing from a rich household and was seen in a love triangle opposite Sheikh and Khan. She portrayed the role of Ajiya Nazakat (Jiya) in Suno Chanda which was a finite series during Ramadan 2018. She was paired opposite Farhan Saeed. Aziz and Saeed were praised for their on-screen chemistry. The series received mix reviews and earned her a nomination for Best Television Actress at Lux Style Awards. In an interview, Aziz said that she was overwhelmed and was not expect the series to be the massive hit. She played the role of Tabeer in Hum TV's Tabeer. Ahmed Sarym of The Express Tribune states, "At such a young age, Aziz has already proven her mettle through a wide range of characters from the exuberant Jiya to a vampish Naeema in Khamoshi and the titular character of Tabeer".
She then appeared in Faiza Iftikhar's Ranjha Ranjha Kardi. Her role as Noori belongs to the lower cast of Untouchables was praised by critics. Buraq Shabbir of The News International stated, "Popularly known as the feisty Jia from Suno Chanda and now the equally fiery Noori in Ranjha Ranjha Kardi, has spark". Her other projects include second season of Suno Chanda which is an Ahson Talish directorial and produced by MD Productions. It is currently airing on Hum TV everyday.
Other work and media image
Aziz has established herself as a leading actress in the Pakistani television industry. She has also appeared as a guest in serials and talkshows. Her first guest appearance was in Jago Pakistan Jago in 2015. In 2018 she appeared as a Guest in The After Moon Show a comedy-talkshow and Tonite with HSY. In May 2018, Aziz became a victim of news after breaching contract with the Citrus talent. Fahad Hussain, Head of Citrus Talent states, Aziz breached an agreement that states the latter has to solely work in projects approved by the talent agency. She has, however signed contract and deal with another PR agency, despite being reminded of the first contract. In response Aziz denies the allegations saying, "Fahad never provided her with a copy of the agreement that she breached and used to delay her rightful payments for many months". Later the dispute was solved by their lawyers on which both said,
“We want to thank our lawyers for mediating between us and resolving our issues which arose due to miscommunication and misunderstandings. Also, we have both mutually decided to continue working with each other in the future. So, guys, we are back with a bang!!!”
In September 2018, she won the Most Stylish TV actor Award at the Hum TV Style Awards. She also performed on Hum Style Awards along with Farhan Saeed. She serves as an ambassador for a number of brands such as 7up, Nestle, Cadbury, and National Foods. In November 2018 she paired with model Hasnain Lehri to launch OPPO's A7 in Pakistan. She was also the brand ambassador for the same. She was named in the Top 50 Sexiest Asian Women List by Eastern Eye and most searched people of Google Pakistan in 2018. After the success of Ranjha Ranjha Kardi and Suno Chanda, she was cited by critics as one of the Inspirational female characters on Pakistani television.
She has an elder sister Sidra Aziz who is a teacher by profession.
|2014||Kissey Apna Kahein||Shanzey|
|2015||Mol||Sajjal||Hum Award for Best Television Sensation|
|2016||Socha Na Tha||Shafaq|
|2016||Kisay Chahoon||Marina Zaman|
|2016||Choti Si Zindagi||Ameena|
|2018||Suno Chanda||Jiya||Ramadan Special Finite Series|
|2018–2019||Ranjha Ranjha Kardi||Noor Bano (Noori)|||
|2019||Suno Chanda 2||Jiya|||
Music video appearances
|2018||"O Jaana"||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Hamza Malik|||
|2018||"Jo Tu Na Mila"||Asim Azhar|||
Awards and nominations
|2016||Mol||Hum Awards||Best Television Sensation Female||Won|||
|2016||Hum Awards||Hum Award for Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|||
|2017||Choti Si Zindagi||Hum Awards||Best Actress Popular||Nominated|||
|2017||Hum Awards||Best On-screen Couple along with Shehzad Sheikh||Nominated|||
|2018||None||Hum Style Awards||Most Stylish Television Actress||Won|||
|2019||Suno Chanda||Lux Style Awards||Best Television Actress – Viewers||Won|||
|2019||Lux Style Awards||Best Television Actress – Critics||Won|||
|2019||Hum Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|2019||Hum Awards||Best On-Screen Couple along with Farhan Saeed||Nominated|||
|2019||Tabeer||Hum Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|2019||Hum Awards||Best On-screen Couple along with Shehzad Sheikh||Nominated|||
- Syed, Madeeha (12 August 2018). "The icon interview: will the real Iqra Aziz please stand up?". Dawn. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- "I've turned 20 not 21". Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain celebrated their birthdays together last night". Daily Pakistan Global. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain got engaged and everyone has an opinion". The Dawn. 9 July 2019. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "Iqra Aziz eyes good script for silver screen debut". Dunya News. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Women need to respect other women: Iqra Aziz – Daily Times". Daily Times. 19 July 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Syed, Madeeha (12 August 2018). "I love that Suno Chanda united families, says Iqra Aziz". Dawn. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Daughter of a Careem driver". Retrieved 31 October 2018.
- "Daughter of the first female Careem driver – Iqra Aziz". Good Times.
- "The fierce actor | TNS – The News on Sunday". The News International. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "Iqra Aziz's Transformation Pictures And Our Haww Hayee". Dunya News. 27 June 2018. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "Kinetic Iqra underlines team work as the key to success". Gulf Times (in Arabic). 29 August 2018. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- Shabbir, Buraq. "TV actors we want to see in cinema". The News International. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "TV actor Iqra Aziz served with legal notice". Pakistan Today. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Lux Style Awards 2016 nominations revealed at star-studded event | The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 31 May 2016. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- "Hum Awards 2017 reveals nominations". The Nation. 9 April 2017. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- Khan, Saira (13 June 2017). "Zahid Ahmed and Iqra Aziz will star together in 'Gustakh Ishq'". HIP. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- Jabeen, Yusra (24 July 2017). "TV drama Ghairat explores the aftermath of an honour killing". Dawn. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "Bilal Khan on his upcoming play Khamoshi, starring Zara Noor and Iqra Aziz". The News International. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- Desk, Instep. "Top rated TV plays currently on air". The News International. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Desk, Instep. "Women and the art of playing negative roles on TV". The News International. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "Here's Why Naeema From Drama "Khamoshi" Is THE Most Hated Character Of 2018". MangoBaaz. 16 May 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Demesne Couture steals the show on PHBCW Day 2". Pakistan Today. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Hamza Malik, Iqra Aziz's mesmerizing clips from 'O Jaana' will melt your heart". Daily Pakistan. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Iqra Aziz , Asim Azhar coming up with something very exciting!". Daily Pakistan. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Karan Johar loves Asim Azhar's new song". www.pakistantoday.com.pk. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "'Qurbaan' Drama Gets a Release Date". Daily Pakistan. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "7 game changers of 2018 that revolutionised Pakistan's drama industry". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "'Suno Chanda' is a Ramadan hit in Pakistan". Gulf News. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "Who won at the mega Lux Style Awards 2019?". The News International. 8 July 2019. Retrieved 8 July 2019.
- "I didn't expect such a massive response to 'Suno Chanda': Iqra Aziz | The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 4 July 2018. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- Haq, Irfan Ul (22 December 2017). "Iqra Aziz and Shehzad Sheikh pair up again for upcoming serial". Dawn. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "Iqra Aziz returns to TV with spunky role". Gulf News. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- "'Suno Chanda' sequel in works, confirms Iqra Aziz | The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 6 August 2018. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "'Suno Chanda' is returning for a second season". Daily Times. 7 August 2018. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "Actress Iqra Aziz served with a legal notice from her talent agency". Business Recorder.
- "Actress Iqra Aziz in trouble after getting a legal notice". Daily Pakistan Global. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Iqra Aziz's legal woes take an ugly turn". www.pakistantoday.com.pk. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Iqra Aziz gets legal notice for allegedly breaching contract | The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 7 May 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Iqra Aziz denies allegations made by Fahad Hussain | The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 10 May 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Iqra Aziz denies all allegations made by 'Citrus Talent' agency". Daily Pakistan Global. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Iqra Aziz and Fahad Hussain settle dispute involving breach of contract". www.pakistantoday.com.pk. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Iqra Aziz, Fahad Hussain fued resolved – Daily Times". Daily Times. 29 May 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Iqra Aziz, Fahad Hussain resolve issue of alleged breach of contract | The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 28 May 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Hum style Awards 2018". Daily Times. 6 September 2018. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- Sponsor (20 November 2018). "This campaign pairs up Iqra Aziz and Hasnan Lehri on screen for the first time ever". DAWN. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "50 Sexiest Asian Women: Deepika tops the list, Priyanka is in second position". The Indian Express. 6 December 2018. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "Year of celebration: Deepika Padukone tops the 'sexiest Asian woman' list". The Economic Times. 6 December 2018. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "Bushra Maneka, Reham Khan, Sunny Leone top the list of most 'Googled' people in Pakistan". The News International. Retrieved 13 March 2019.
- Instep (10 March 2019). "Inspirational female characters on television". TNS – The News on Sunday. Retrieved 13 March 2019.
- "Iqra Aziz, Yasir Hussain respond to criticism over public proposal". The Tribune. 11 July 2019. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "Ranjha Ranjha Kardi to go on air from today". The Nation. 2 November 2018. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- Staff, DAWN (5 August 2018). "Suno Chanda is returning with a new season". Images. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- "Hum Awards 2017 reveals nominations". The Nation. 9 April 2017. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "IQRA AZIZ🇵🇰 on Instagram: "Allah tera Shukriya🌺 @humtvpakistanofficial 🌟"". Instagram. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Iqra Aziz.|