Iradj Fazel (Persian: ایرج فاضل) (born 1939) is a prominent Iranian surgeon and academic. He was the president of Iranian Academy of Medical Sciences for 19 years, until 2010. In the aftermath of the Iranian presidential election, 2009, he wrote a public letter, protesting the way Iranian youth were being treated. Subsequently, he was removed as the president of Iranian Academy of Medical Sciences by President Ahmadinejad.
Fazel graduated from Tehran Medical school in 1964. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Surgery and professor of surgery at Beheshty University of Medical Sciences in Tehran, Iran. He is a founding member of Iranian Association of Surgeons and its current president, and president of Iranian Society for Organ Transplantation. He is also the founder of Iranian Academy of Medical Sciences and served in the capacity of life member and president for past 20 years. He is a prominent and highly specialized surgeon with an outstanding record of services in care of war casualties during Iran-Iraq war. He served as the minister of Higher Education in 1975 and minister of Health and Medical Education in 1989.
- Malakoutian, T; Hakemi, MS; Nassiri, AA; Rambod, M; Haghighi, AN; Broumand, B; Fazel, I (2007). "Socioeconomic status of Iranian living unrelated kidney donors: a multicenter study". Transplantation Proceedings. 39 (4): 824–5. PMID 17524823. doi:10.1016/j.transproceed.2007.04.018.
- Fazel, I; Pourshams, A; Merat, S; Hemayati, R; Sotoudeh, M; Malekzadeh, R (2007). "Modified jejunoileal bypass surgery with biliary diversion for morbid obesity and changes in liver histology during follow-up". Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 11 (8): 1033–8. PMID 17514410. doi:10.1007/s11605-007-0184-1.
- Iradj Fazel. "نامه دکتر ایرج فاضل وزیر سابق فرهنگ و آموزش عالی و وزیر اسبق بهداشت: از بيادبي كه در حق مردم به ويژه جوانان رشيد و آگاه روا داشته ايد پوزش بخواهيد" [Dr. Iraj Fazel, former Minister of Culture and Higher Education and former Minister of Health: Informing the rude Rashid that the people, especially the young people have had a valid request] (in Persian).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 20 June 2010. Retrieved 2009-07-21.
- "دكتر ايرج فاضل رئيس جامعه جراحان ايران اعلام كرد: تبليغ در رشته پزشكي جرم محسوب مي شود." [Dr. Iradj Fazel said the head of the Iranian Association of Surgeons: Advertising in medicine is a crime] (in Persian). Magiran. 21 April 2006.