Iran Aircraft Manufacturing Industrial Company
Iran Aircraft Manufacturing Industrial Company (HESA), (Persian: شرکت صنایع هواپیماسازی ایران — هسا), is an Iranian aircraft production company. Established in 1976, it belongs to the Iran Aviation Industries Organization (IAIO) and is located at Shahin Shahr, Isfahan. Approximately 2 million square meters or 500 acres of land on which the company is established was gifted by the locally notable and well-regarded Boroumand family (the brothers: Abdolghaffar, Abdolrahman, Abdolrahim, Abdolkarim, Abdolrashid and Abdollah). The company has thousands of square meters of available grounds, and 250,000 square meters of shops and hangars are allocated to A/C part manufacturing, assembling, laboratories, flight test facilities and shops of preparation for production.
The original factory, built by Textron, was to produce Bell 214s of different configurations in Iran with a deal that involved several hundred helicopters and technology transfers. Reportedly the contract was so huge that a new Textron division had to be founded to meet Iranian demands and handle the program with Major General Delk M. Oden as president. The work ended due to the Iranian Revolution and subsequent sanctions against Iran.
- HESA Kowsar - a domestic "4th generation" version of reverse-engineered F-5 Tiger.
- Manufacturing IrAn-140 passenger plane with Ukrainian cooperation and based on Antonov An-140.
- Designing and manufacturing parachute recovery system for Ababil drone.
- Manufacturing Shahed-278 helicopter (using components from Bell 206 and Panha Shabaviz 2061)
- Manufacturing Zafar 300 helicopter (based on Bell 206)
- Manufacturing Shahed-274 helicopter (based on Bell 206)
- Manufacturing Shahed-285 helicopter (using components from Bell 206 and Panha Shabaviz 2061)
- Manufacturing Dorna training aircraft
- Manufacturing Karrar UCAV
- Manufacturing propeller with composite materials
- Hovercraft repairs likely for Islamic Republic of Iran Navy
- Manufacturing parts
- Manufacturing Azarakhsh fighter jet (based on Northrop F-5)
- Manufacturing Saeqeh fighter jet (based on Northrop F-5)
- Developing Shafaq Light Trainer/Light Attack/Light Fighter (based on M-ATF)
- Developing Sofreh Mahi
- Simorgh: The Simorgh (هواپيماي سيمرغ) is a HESA-built two-seat Northrop F-5A to F-5B conversion. It was first flown in Iran Kish Air Show 2005, and two have been built.
- HESA Dorna
- Iran Aviation Industries Organization
- Military of Iran
- Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force
- List of Iranian Air Force aircraft
- Iranian military industry
- Current Equipment of the Iranian Army
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-12-27. Retrieved 2014-03-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Ababil (Swallow) Unmanned Air Vehicle [UAV]".
- "Zafar 300 helicopter - development history, photos, technical data".
- "Zafar-300 (Iran), Aircraft - Rotary Wing - Military". Jane’s. Archived from the original on 2013-01-26. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "VAR.Zafar 300".
- - 17k
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to HESA.|
- Iran Aircraft Manufacturing Industrial Company (HESA) Official website
- Iranian Combat Aircraft Programmes - IHS Aerospace Defence & Security (2015)