The Iran LNG project consists of the LNG plant, including storage and loading facilities and following units:
- Liquefaction Units
- Treating Units
- Power Station, Electric Motors and Compressors
- Utilities and Off-Sites
- LNG Storage Tanks, which includes LNG and LPG Tanks
- Harbour and Jetties
The LNG plant is expected to come online in 2011.
The LNG plant is designed by consortium of Linde, Hyundai, and Snamprogetti. The engineering consortium for gas sweetening operations comprises Iranian companies Farab and Namvaran, and an Italian company APS Engineering. The LNG trains will be built by two consortia including the consortium of Iranian Farab and Chinese HuaFu Engineering Company, and the consortium led by the Pars International Development & Engineering Company. The liquefying equipment would be distributed by Steiner-Prematechnik-Gastec. Storage tanks for LNG are built by Daelim Industrial. Power plant and electro-compressor sections would be built by the Iran Power Plant Projects Management Co. Iran's Rah Sahel will construct the jetty, and the off-site and utility segments will be handled by Iran's Petro Sanat Maad.
The project is developed by the Iran LNG company, a subsidiary of the Iranian Gas exporting company (IGEC), which holds 49% of the shares, with the rest shared by the Oil Industry Investment Company (OIIC) (50%) and Oil Industry Pension Fund (1%). The shares of the two later is planned to reduce to 11%, and the remained 40% will be provided to strategic partners. The managing director of the company is Ali caiwanara.
- Ayse, Valentine; Nash, Jason John; Leland, Rice (January 2013). "The Business Year 2013: Iran". London, U.K.: The Business Year: 76. ISBN 978-1-908180-11-7.
- Stanley Carvalho (2008-05-20). "Iran aims to export first LNG in late 2010". Reuters. Retrieved 2009-03-20.[dead link]
- ""Iran LNG" project to be signed next month". Gulf Oil & Gas. 2007-05-29. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- Nasseri, Ladane (2011-04-13). "Iran LNG Says It Will Overcome Sanctions to Start Exporting Fuel in 2012". Bloomberg.
- "Iran's €700m LNG liquefaction deal signed". Tehran Times. 2008-04-05. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "'Iran LNG' project to come online in 2011: Nozari". Platts. 2009-03-20. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "Four European companies keen on Iran LNG project". Tehran Times. 2007-11-28. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "Iran LNG Liquefaction Deal Signed". Fars News Agency. 2008-03-23. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "German outfit gets Iran LNG nod". Upstream Online. NHST Media Group. 2008-07-29. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "IS.Korea's Daelim gets Iran deal for gas store tanks". Reuters. 2007-02-07. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "South Pars Phase 12 sweetening gas contract inked". Tehran Times. 2007-11-05. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "Iran and South Korea sign $500m LNG contract". Payvand's Iran News. 2007-07-02. Retrieved 2009-03-20.