Iran Nuclear Achievements Protection Act
|Iran Nuclear Achievements Protection Act|
|Islamic Consultative Assembly|
|Government's Obligation to Protect the Nuclear Rights and Achievements of Iranian Nation Act|
|Citation||Act No. 23669/549 of Error: the |
|Territorial extent||Islamic Republic of Iran|
|Enacted by||Guardian Council|
|Passed||23 June 2015|
|Enacted||24 June 2015|
|Signed||12 July 2015|
|Signed by||President Hassan Rouhani|
|Repealed||14 October 2015|
|Iranian Government's Reciprocal and Proportional Action in Implementing the JCPOA Act|
|The bill intends to support preservation of Iran’s nuclear rights and achievements.|
|Iran nuclear program|
The Government's Obligation to Protect the Nuclear Rights and Achievements of Iranian Nation Act (Persian: قانون الزام دولت به حفظ دستاوردها و حقوق هستهای ملت ایران) is a bill that was passed on 23 June 2015 by Iran's Islamic Consultative Assembly to support Iran's nuclear program and put some constraints on Iranian President Hassan Rouhani in the negotiations leading to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.
The implication of the Act is that the Majlis curtailed its own power to stand against the deal.
The main requirements for the government include:
- All Sanctions against Iran must be lifted on the day that Iran begins to implement its obligations.
- The International Atomic Energy Agency is restricted to conventional inspections of Nuclear facilities in Iran and barred from seeing military bases, security sensitive sites, documents and scientists, and must comply with Supreme National Security Council policies.
- No restrictions on Iran’s acquisition of peaceful nuclear technology and know-how or research and development, and must be in compliance with Supreme National Security Council policies.
The bill has two amendments:
- According to Articles 77 and 125 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran, results of negotiations must be submitted to Majlis.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Supreme National Security Council must report implementation of the agreement every six months to Majlis.
- Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015, passed by the United States Congress
- Majlis special commission for examining the JCPOA
- "طرح الزام دولت به حفظ حقوق هسته ای با رای ۲۱۳ نماینده مجلس تصویب شد" (in Persian). Research Center of Majlis. Retrieved September 17, 2015.
- "Rouhani enforces Nuclear Achievements Act". Mehr News Agency. 12 July 2015. Retrieved September 17, 2015.
|This Iran-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|