|Directed by||R. Aravindraj|
|Produced by||Vaithyalinga Udayar|
M. S. Bhaskar
|Edited by||R. T. Annadurai|
Irandu Mugam (transl. Two faces) is a 2010 Indian Tamil-language political action film directed by R. Aravindraj. The film featured Sathyaraj and Karan . The film released to good reviews on 3 September 2010 portraying the poor political system in India.
Parthasarathy (Karan) is the son of a cook and a political science graduate. He aspires to become a minister. His mimicry skills get him acquainted with the Chief Minister, who comes to his village for a meeting. He impresses him to become local leader of the party. This incurs him the wrath of Thamizh Sakthi (Nassar), a leader of the same party, who wants to promote his younger brother.
A turn of events leads to Thamizh Sakthi helping Parthasarathy become MLA with a promise that he should be with him and support him in all shady deals. As it happens, Parthasarathy now becomes a minister. Their corrupt ways earn them money.
There is one Pavithra (Suhani Kalita), the daughter of opposition leader who is in love with Parthasarathy. Meanwhile, enters Sarveswaran (Sathyaraj), an IAS officer who is committed to clean the political system. He has a bad past. He hatches a conspiracy and succeeds in reforming Parthasarathy. The duo now starts to work for the welfare of the people and also bring to book the greedy and corrupt.
- Sathyaraj as Sarveswaren
- Karan as Parthasarathy
- Suhani Kalita as Pavithra
- Anu Hasan as Sarveswaran's wife
- Nassar as Tamizh Sakthi
- Livingston as Parthasarathy's uncle
- Anuradha Krishnamoorthy as Deivanayaki
- Malavika Avinash as Thilakavathy
- M. S. Bhaskar
- Ganja Karuppu
- "Kannum Kannum" — Karthik, Surmukhi Raman
- "Minsaram" — Sathyan, Sunitha Menon
- "Yaanai Ketti" — Mukesh, Ananthu, Surmega
- "Aasa Vachen" — Sunitha Menon
- "Penn Nenjam" — Bharadwaj
Sify wrote "If you are looking for pure escapist masala fare, Irandu Mugam is just ok." Times of India wrote "It is an exciting storyline. But the director falls prey to the beaten-to-death formula — improbable fight scenes included."
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 6 November 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)