Iranian Teachers' Trade Association
2001 as Coordinating Council of Iranian Teacher Trade Associations (CCITTA)
|Affiliation||Education International (EI)|
|Key people||Esmail Abdi|
Iranian Teachers' Trade Association (ITTA; Persian: کانون صنفی معلمان ایران) is a trade union of educators in Iran. It is an affiliate of Education International and Esmail Abdi serves as its secretary-general.
In 2018 Mohammad Habibi, a member of the board of directors of ITTA-Tehran, was arrested following a gathering of the group and subsequently sentenced to ten and a half years in prison as well as 72 lashes.
- "The ITUC Global Rights Index: Iran". International Trade Union Confederation. 18 February 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- Mohammed Pourabdollah (1 September 2015). "For Iranian teachers, another day, another rial". Al-Monitor. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Iran". Education International. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- International, Education. "Iran: teacher trade unionist Mohammed Habibi sentenced to ten and a half years in prison". Education International. Retrieved 2019-04-06.
- "Free trade unionist on hunger strike". www.amnesty.org.uk. Retrieved 2019-04-06.
|This article related to an Asian trade union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Iran-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|