Iranians in Spain
|8,202 / 5,135 (2018)[a]|
|Shia Islam, Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Atheism|
Razi wrote in the 10th century that some Iranians had already settled in Al-Andalus, and Ibn Battuta later claimed the Iranians of Al-Andalus preferred to live in Granada because of its similarity to their homeland. However, the impetus for modern Iranian immigration to Spain came largely from the 1979 Iranian Revolution, as a result of which some Iranians went to Spain as political refugees.
A 1992 survey found that 31.7% worked in administrative jobs, 18.2% were professionals or technicians, 25.7% worked in trade, and another 11% worked in agriculture. The vast majority were 25-54 years of age, and only one-fifth were women. This is actually a relatively large proportion of women compared to other Muslim migrant communities in Spain, which may be attributed to the fact that most Iranians in Spain are political, rather than economic migrants.
- Don Juan of Persia, 17th century notable
- Ahdieh, popular singer
- Mehrdad Khonsari, former diplomat, politician and writer
- Manouchehr Farhangi, entrepreneur, Zoroastrian thinker, founder of International College Spain
- Ebi, popular singer
- "Población (españoles/extranjeros) por País de Nacimiento, sexo y año". Instituto Nacional de Estadística. 2018. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "Población extranjera por Nacionalidad, comunidades, Sexo y Año". Instituto Nacional de Estadística. 2018. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- López García & Planet Contreras 2002, p. 162
- Kenesson 1992, pp. 107–108
- Jamshid 1982
- López García & Planet Contreras 2002, p. 164
- López García & Planet Contreras 2002, p. 165
- Shojaeddin Shafa, De Persia a la España musulmana : la historia recuperada, Université de Huelva (Espagne), 2000, traduction en espagnol du manuscrit en français, inédit, par Maria Angeles Gallego Garcia.
- Kenesson, Summer S. (1992), "Nasrid Luster Pottery: The Alhambra Vases", Muqarnas, BRILL, 9: 93–115, doi:10.2307/1523138, JSTOR 1523138
- López García, Bernabé; Planet Contreras, Ana I. (2002), "Islam in Spain", in Hunter, Shireen (ed.), Islam, Europe's Second Religion: The New Social, Cultural, and Political Landscape, Greenwood, pp. 157–174, ISBN 978-0-275-97608-8
- Jamshid, M. (1982-07-12), "Iraníes en España", El País, Spain, retrieved 2008-11-04
- "Población extranjera por sexo, país de nacionalidad y edad (hasta 85 y más).", Avance del Padrón a 1 de enero de 2009. Datos provisionales, Spain: Instituto Nacional de Estadística, 2009, archived from the original on 2009-12-14, retrieved 2009-06-13