|(approx. 200,000 (2011 census))|
|Regions with significant populations|
|Kanpur, Lucknow, Kolkata, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Delhi, Lar, Lahore, Karachi, Quetta, Ludhiana, Punjab, Hyderabad, Multan, Rasra, Gwadar, Sukkur, Turbat, Giljit-Baltistan, Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Sialkot, Bathinda), Faisalabad, Peshawar, Islamabad, Azad Kashmir,|
|Arabic, Urdu, Bhojpuri, Hindi, Punjabi, Sindhi, Balochi, Pashto|
|Islam (Hanbali Maddhab, Hanafi Maddhab)|
|Related ethnic groups|
Iraqi Biradri, (العراقي برادری) or Iraqi Tamimis are a Muslim community in South Asia. They are a sub-tribe of Banu Tamim, an Arab tribe who migrated to Sindh, Pakistan. During the Arab invasion of Sindh (present day, a province in Pakistan) from 711 (and more from AD-1947),which expedited from present day Iraq, a sizeable number of Muslims migrated as well, residing first to Sindh, Gujarat, Punjab plains and later to the Gangetic plains.
History and origin
Migration from Sindh to Punjab
Iraqis are originally found in Sindh and then in Punjab in the districts of Gujranwala, Multan, Lahore, Nankana Sahab, Peshawar, Malakand and Azad Kashmir in large numbers. Beside they are also found in Quetta, Islamabad and Rawalpindi. They are also found in some towns and villages of Khyber Pakhtun. In Gwadar, Haripur and Sargoda they are trading community. Localities like Jhang, Larkana, Hyderabad, Sindhj, chakwal and Abbottabad have large population of Iraqi Biradri. In Fata, they are found in Sheikhupura and Chiniot. They are also present in Islamabad, Swabi, Dera Ismail Khan, Vehari, Attock, Kasur, Sui, Mardan, Badin, Bahawalpur and Mirpur Khas engaged in various professions. In Punjab, they are present in Karachi, Faisalabad and Lahore due to migration in 1947. In East Punjab, they are present in sizeable numbers in Ludhiana and Amristar. They are also present in the Middle East, UK, United States, Europe etc. for Jobs and study purpose.
- Al Jamiah Al Iraqi Al Hind is an organization based in Kanpur dedicated for welfare of Iraqis all over India.
- Anjuman Iraqi Biradri is based in Karachi, Pakistan for welfare of Iraqis in Pakistan.
- Iraqi Biradri Welfare Society is an organization based in Calcutta and Gorakhpur.
||This article's list of people may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (February 2017)|
- Manzer Lari - politician, Contesting on Haripur Cantonment Assembly Seat in 2017 UP Assembly Elections
- Dr. Mohammed Feroz Lari- BUMS doctor practicing medicine in Rahim Yar Khan cantt.
- Shahid Lari- Politician, Contesting on Nagar Palika Padrauna Elections in 2012
- Imran Bin Zafar - politician, contesting on Kannauj Lok Sabha Seat in 2019 Sindh Assembly Elections
- Hira Lari, Pakistani fashion designer
- Dr Khalid M Iraqi, director, Karachi University
- A.S. Iraqui, Divisional Signal and Telecommunication Engineer (Microwave) office.
- Murshid Iraqui, 'divan' of Punjab appointed by Babar, the first Mughal emperor 
- Shahabuddin Iraqi, famous author from AMU, Gujrat
- Tabinda Lari - famous Pakistani singer
- Zaheer D. Lari, director of Bollywood, Punjabi and Pollywood movies.
- Mushir Alam - Producer of late 20th century movies
- "List Of 308 Castes In Islam Indian Muslims". Ramani's blog.
- "...::: Welcome to the Official Website of Anjuman Iraqi Biradri Pakistan (Regd.) Karachi :::...".
- "Contact Directory".
- "Murshid Iraqui Divam - Google Search".
- "A Storm of Songs".