From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ireland is an island in western Europe.
Ireland may also refer to:
Polities located on Ireland
- The Republic of Ireland, or Ireland (Irish: Éire), a sovereign state that comprises about five-sixths of the island.
- Northern Ireland, a constituent country of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, that comprises the north-eastern sixth of the island.
Former political arrangements of Ireland
- Gaelic Ireland, the political order that existed in Ireland before the Norman invasion
- Lordship of Ireland, a nominally all-island state created in the wake of the Norman invasion of the east coast of Ireland in 1169
- Kingdom of Ireland, a state from 1541 to 1800, in personal union with England and Scotland
- Confederate Ireland (1642–1649), an Irish government that controlled about two thirds of Ireland during the Commonwealth (or Interregnum)
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, the United Kingdom from 1801 until 1922, during which all of Ireland was part of the state
- Ireland (1801–1921), a constituent country of the United Kingdom from 1801 to 1921
- Irish Republic (1916), a short-lived unrecognised independent state that existed in parts of Dublin during Easter Week
- Irish Republic, an unrecognised independent state declared between 1919 and 1922
- Southern Ireland (1921–22), a constituent country of the United Kingdom from 1921 to 1922, established on the same day as Northern Ireland
- Irish Free State, a dominion from 1922 to 1937, comprising briefly all of Ireland and thereafter 26 of the island's 32 counties
- Names of the Irish state
- Éire, the Irish name for the island of Ireland and the sovereign state of the same name
- Ireland, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
- Ireland, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Ireland, Indiana, United States
- Ireland, West Virginia, United States
- Ireland Island, Bermuda
- New Ireland (island), Papua New Guinea
- New Ireland Province, Papua New Guinea
- Ireland (surname), including a list of persons with the name
- RMS Empress of Ireland an ocean liner which sank in 1914
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ireland.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.