Baldwin in 2016
Ireland Eliesse Baldwin
October 23, 1995
|Other names||Ireland Basinger-Baldwin|
|Alma mater||New York Film Academy|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Agency||Monster Management (Milan) |
Premier Model Management (London)
DT Model Management (Los Angeles)
Ireland Eliesse Baldwin (born October 23, 1995) is an American fashion model and actress. She often goes by Ireland Basinger Baldwin, which includes her mother's surname. Baldwin started modeling and acting in 2013 and has appeared in films such as Grudge Match and in editorials for magazines such as Grazia. Baldwin is also a vocal advocate for animal rights and posed for PETA twenty-four years after her mother did. In 2019 Baldwin began to DJ professionally.
Baldwin was born in Los Angeles to actors Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger. She is also the niece of actors Stephen, Daniel, and William Baldwin and cousin to model Hailey Baldwin. She has a younger half-sister, Carmen, and four half-brothers, Rafael, Leonardo, Romeo, and Eduardo through her father's second marriage.
Through her father, Baldwin is descended from Mayflower passenger John Howland (1592–1673), and through this line, is the 14th generation of her family born in North America and the 15th generation to live in North America.
At age 11 in 2007, she gained attention in the media after her father left her an angry voicemail message, which became publicized. He stated that she was "a rude, thoughtless little pig".
Baldwin signed with IMG Models in March 2013. In April, Baldwin made her modeling debut in a swimwear editorial for the New York Post. In May, Baldwin appeared in W Magazine's It Trend, It Girl feature. Baldwin was Vanity Fair's It Girl in June, and was photographed by Patrick Demarchelier for the issue. Elle interviewed Baldwin in their September 2013 issue. The editorial accompanying the interview was photographed by Thomas Whiteside and styled by Joe Zee. She appeared in an editorial for DuJour magazine photographed by Bruce Weber. Baldwin also made her acting debut in the film Grudge Match, playing a younger version of Kim Basinger's character, Sally.
In 2014 Baldwin commenced studying at the New York Film Academy, mainly studying cinematography and acting. Baldwin attended the 86th annual Academy Awards alongside Nancy O’Dell and Joe Zee as a Media Correspondents for Entertainment Tonight.
In 2017, Baldwin appeared in campaigns for True Religion Jeans and Guess. In May, Baldwin graced the covers of Elle Bulgaria, L'Officiel Ukraine and Marie Claire Mexico. Baldwin appeared in the film Campus Caller as the main character Macey Duncan.
In 2018, she posed nude for a PETA "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" anti-fur ad campaign, twenty-four years after her mother did the same. The promotional video for the piece featured Baldwin stating that she has an explicit "no fur" policy in her contract. In September, Baldwin graced the cover of Grazia, shot by Yu Tsai.
In 2019, Baldwin had been hired to DJ alongside Caroline D’Amore for the Norah restaurant's 3rd anniversary. However, Baldwin admitted she was "Definitely not a full time DJ". In September, Baldwin had been hired to DJ alongside at Smile Train's Annual Pool Party charity event. She also appeared in the Comedy Central Roast of her father Alec, doing an unannounced routine.
In 2014, Baldwin was in a relationship with rapper Angel Haze. In 2015, Haze devoted her track: "Candlxs" to Baldwin, The cover art features Baldwin and Haze which was painted by Haze herself. Several months later Baldwin ended the relationship, before checking herself into Malibu's Soba Recovery Center for "emotional trauma".
In 2018, she began dating musician Corey Harper.
In 2019, Baldwin revealed in an Instagram story about the Human Life Protection Act that she was a victim of sexual assault. In her Instagram story, she stated that she is a survivor and that "one day [she] will reveal the true story". She also revealed that at the time, she began to rely on substances, resulting in what she characterized as "sabotaging" her career.
- "Ireland Basinger Baldwin - Model".
- "Monitor". Entertainment Weekly. November 3, 1995. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
Birth: An 8-pound 3-ounce girl, Ireland Eliesse, to Alec Baldwin, 37, and Kim Basinger, 41, on Oct. 23 in L.A.
- Warner, Kara (December 30, 2013). "'Grudge Match' Surprise: Ireland Baldwin's Acting Debut". Yahoo!. Retrieved January 3, 2014.
- "Ireland Baldwin: Grazia". Yu Tsai. Retrieved January 20, 2020.
- Colleen Kratofil, "Ireland Baldwin Poses Nude for Peta 24 Years After Mom Kim Basinger Stripped Down to Protest Fur," People, February 28, 2018.
- "Smile Train's Annual Pool Party Hosted by Karrueche Tran with Beats By Ireland Baldwin". Look to the Stars. September 20, 2019. Retrieved January 20, 2020.
- Webber, Stephanie (September 13, 2013). "Alec Baldwin: Daughter Ireland Hasn't Met Her Baby Sister Carmen Gabriela 3 Weeks After Birth". Us Weekly. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- "Baldwin apology over phone rant". BBC News. April 22, 2007.
- Krupnick, Ellie (March 10, 2013). "Ireland Baldwin's Modeling Career Kicks Off With Agency Signings". Huffington Post. Retrieved January 2, 2014.
- "Ireland Basinger-Baldwin Blasts Critics' Attacks on Weight, Parents". ABC News. April 30, 2013. Retrieved January 3, 2014.
- "Exclusive: Ireland Baldwin sizzles in spring bikinis". New York Post. April 4, 2013. Retrieved January 3, 2014.
- Lawrence, Vanessa (May 2013). "The Look:Shipshape The Girl:Ireland Baldwin". W Magazine. Retrieved January 3, 2014.
- Smith, Krista (June 2013). "Baldwin and Beautiful". Vanity Fair.
- Stoeffel, Kay (August 15, 2013). "Life according to Ireland Baldwin". Elle. Retrieved January 2, 2014.
- Eby, Margaret (August 16, 2012). "Ireland Baldwin opens up about modeling: 'I never really thought of myself as a pretty girl'". Daily News. New York City. Retrieved January 2, 2014.
- Krupnick, Ellie (August 16, 2013). "Ireland Baldwin's Elle Shoot Is A Gorgeous Reminder Of Who Her Mother Is (PHOTOS)". Huffington Post. Retrieved January 2, 2014.
- "Ireland Basinger Baldwin Experiences the Luck of the Irish". DuJour (Winter 2013).
- "ireland baldwin interview by stephen christopher". GENLUX. Retrieved July 24, 2019.
- "Ireland Baldwin's Oscar Selfie Diary", YouTube, Entertainment Tonight, March 3, 2014, retrieved March 6, 2019
- Smith, Stephanie (June 22, 2015). "Ireland Baldwin and Kim Basinger leave IMG Models". Page Six. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
- "Ireland Baldwin Has Not Quit Modeling, Signs With New Agency". E! Online. June 22, 2015. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
- PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) (February 28, 2018), The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree: Ireland Basinger-Baldwin Goes Naked for PETA, retrieved March 19, 2019
- "Everyone Came Out To Toast Norah's Third Anniversary in West Hollywood". Daily Front Row. March 29, 2019. Retrieved March 31, 2019.
- Yahr, Emily (September 16, 2019). "Ireland Baldwin's roast of dad Alec Baldwin was even more brutal on TV". Washington Post. Retrieved September 31, 2019. Check date values in:
- Cavan Sieczkowski (June 27, 2014). "Angel Haze On Relationship With Ireland Baldwin: ‘We F**k And Friends Don’t F**k'". HuffPost.
- "Ireland Baldwin's Rehab Stay: The Real Reason Behind Her Decision". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
- Greenberg, Isabel (August 20, 2018). "Hailey Baldwin's Cousin Just Made Her Dad So Uncomfortable On Instagram". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved March 7, 2019.
- Baldwin, Ireland (May 18, 2019). "Ireland Baldwin reveals assault". Internet Archive. Retrieved September 16, 2019.