Ireland women's national basketball team
|FIBA zone||FIBA Europe|
|National federation||Basketball Ireland|
|Women's World Cup|
|FIBA EuroBasket Women|
|Championship for Small Countries|
The Ireland women's national basketball team represents Ireland in International women's basketball. Organised by Basketball Ireland, the team plays home games in the National Basketball Arena in Tallaght. It last played competitively in 2010, in Division B of EuroBasket Women, under coach Mark Scannell. In February 2010, during the Irish financial crisis, Basketball Ireland announced that it was €1.2m in debt and was deactivating its senior international squads to cut costs.
The senior squad is scheduled for revival in 2015. Earlier, a "Premier League All Stars" team played Wales in a match to mark The Gathering Ireland 2013 festival. Ireland also competed in 3x3 basketball at the 2014 Europe Championships and the 2015 European Games.
In December 2015 it was announced that the national team will join again official FIBA Europe competitions after accepting the invitation to play the European Championship for Small Countries.
- Michelle Aspell: Bausch & Lomb Wildcats
- Aishling Sullivan: Dart Killester
- Rachel Clancy: Cal Poly- San Luis Obispo
- Niamh Dwyer: Montenotte Hotel Cork
- Susan Moran: Unattached
- Lindsay Peat: DCU Mercy
- Mary Fox: DCU Mercy
- Emma Dyer: Tolka Rovers
- Caroline Jane Nixon: Arranz-Jopisa Burgos
- Stephanie O'Shea: Bausch & Lomb Wildcats
Head coach position
- Mark Scannell – 2017 (Irish Superleague Select Team)
- Duggan, Keith (24 February 2010). "Basketball Ireland pull plug on international sides". The Irish Times. Retrieved 24 February 2010.
- "Peat glad of Ireland comeback". Dublin Gazette. 26 March 2015. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- "Gathering Shield Match Reports". Basketball Ireland. 26 October 2013. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- "Ireland Resurrect Senior Women's Programme". FIBA Europe. 23 October 2015. Retrieved 25 December 2015.