Irene Grandi in 2007
6 December 1969 |
|Genres||Pop, Rock, Soul, Blues|
|Instruments||Electric guitar, Acoustic guitar, Tambourine|
|Labels||CGD, Eastwest Records, Warner Music Italy, Atlantic Records|
Irene Grandi (born 6 December 1969) is an Italian singer, songwriter, record producer, musician, actress and television host.
During her career she has sung in Spanish and has performed duets in German, French, Indian and in African languages, selling around 5 million records and earning 9 top-ten albums and 6 top-ten singles of which one number-one on the Italian music charts. She has participated four times at the Sanremo Music Festival gaining the podium in 2000. Grandi has performed for six times at the Festivalbar, conquering twice the platform and winning the Radio Awards. In the 2009 she has won a Wind Music Award, and in 2011 a Sanremo Hit Award.
Irene Grandi was born in Florence.
Her first album, Irene Grandi, contained songs written with Eros Ramazzotti ("Sposati subito") and Jovanotti ("T.V.B."). In 1995, her second album, In vacanza da una vita, was released. It contained such songs as "In vacanza da una vita" and "Bum bum". These albums were followed up by Per fortuna purtroppo, Verde rosso e blu, Kose da Grandi, and Indelebile among others.
She participated as a contestant in the 60th edition of the Sanremo Music Festival in 2010 with her song La cometa di Halley (Halley's Comet) and again in 2015 with Un vento senza nome (A Wind Without a Name).
- http://www.viaggiatoriweb.it/2011/burkina-faso-% E2%80%A6 – going-and-return /
- "Sanremo 1994 (44a Edizione)". hitparadeitalia.it.
- "Discografia". irenegrandi.it.
- "Punto tutto sul fisico. E se non-vinco mi arrabbio.". festivaldisanremo.com.
- "Strong Currents". rhapsody.com.
- "Al Festivalbar 2004 Irene Grandi". guide.supereva.it.
- Official page – irenegrandi.it
- Warner Music Irene Grandi page
- Irene Grandi Fanclub
- On MySpace
- Concert tickets, Schedule, Tour Dates – livenation.it