|Born||Klara Irene Miracle
August 20, 1954
Stillwater, Oklahoma, U.S.
Her first film appearance was as a murder victim in Night Train Murders (1975), an Italian Last House on the Left-clone. Her most prestigious role was in Alan Parker's Midnight Express (1978), a worldwide box office success. For her role as the girlfriend of the incarcerated protagonist, she won the Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year - Female. Miracle followed that film with another major role in Dario Argento's Inferno (1980), as a woman who comes to believe the New York City apartment building she lives in also houses a centuries-old witch. Since then, she has continued her acting work, while also writing, directing and producing.
In 2009, Miracle wrote and directed the short drama film Changeling (aka Dawnland).
- Night Train Murders (1975)
- La portiera nuda (The Naked Doorwoman) (1976)
- Midnight Express (1978)
- Inferno (1980)
- In the Shadow of Kilimanjaro (1986)
- Banter (1986)
- Laughing Horse (1986, TV Movie)
- From Hollywood to Deadwood (1988)
- Nick Knight (1989)
- Puppet Master (1989)
- Veiled Threat (1989)
- Shattered Dreams (1990, TV movie)
- Watchers II (1990)
- One Plus Two Equals Four (1994)
- 2090 (1996)
- Walking Thunder (1997)
- Changeling (aka Dawnland) (2009), (writing and directing)
- IRENE MIRACLE
- Dargis, Manohla. "Irene Miracle". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-01-18.
- tvguide.com The Eddie Capra Mysteries 1978 TV Show Episode Guide
- Dawnland - Movie
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|