This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ireneo Bughao (born 18 June 1957) was awarded with Ripley’s Believe It or Not's cartoon in January 1997, with a caption that states: “Ireneo Bughao of Manila, Philippines is able to calculate the specific day of the week of any day in the past or future – faster than a computer!”. He has thought of and perfected a mathematical formula, where he can determine and give accurate answers with ease and astounding speed to those who would like to know the day they were born, or what day a date shall fall centuries from now.
Education and recognitions
Bughao or Mr. Blue is a native of Negros Oriental, Philippines. He graduated valedictorian both in Elementary and High School at NORSU, formerly NONAS in Bayawan, completed A.B. Mathematics at University of Mindanao, graduated Marine Engineering and Master of Science in Management at FEATI University in Manila.
- The First Hamiling Bayawanon Special Citation, February 2001, from the City of Bayawan
- Institutional Award, November 1997, from the University of Mindanao
- Outstanding CVPC Alumnus Award in the field of Mathematics, December 2001, from Central Visayas Polytechnic College in Dumaguete
Bughao has honed his mathematical skills and has been a contributor of numerical puzzles – Sunrays, Octacros, and Sequence Game, to the Mr. & Ms. Magazine from 1986 till 1990. He performed at the (now closed) Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum in Shangri-La Mall, Ortigas for the museum's Father's Day celebration on June 15, 1997.
Local television programs featured Bughao, including interviews and guesting in the following shows:
- Balitang K hosted by Korina Sanchez, Calendar Boy episode, Oct 1999
- Eat Bulaga, Calendar King segment, March 1995
- Eat Bulaga, Numbers King segment, June 1996
- Wake Up Call Anniversary show, November 1997
- I-Max News (Infomax) featured Bughao's Perpetual Calendar invention, 2007
- Dakila Ka Pinoy (PTV-4), October 1997
- Pinoy Brainpower vs. Computer, Lifeline Advice & Features Magazine, August 1996.
- Learning the art of counting dates with the Calendar Kings, Manila Bulletin, December 27, 2001.
- Search for Outstanding Alumni 2001 commences, The State Scholar, September 2001.
- "FUAA". Archived from the original on 2013-09-07.
- "128th Squadron Philippine Coast Guard Auxiliary Meeting".
- "The Official Calendarman Site".
- "Awards & Recognitions". Archived from the original on 2013-09-09.
- "Mr. & Ms. puzzles".
- "Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum's Father's Day ad, Philippine Daily Inquirer".
- "Balitang K, Oct 1999".
- "Eat Bulaga – Calendar King".
- "Eat Bulaga – Numbers King".
- "Wake Up Call Anniversary, November 1997".
- "I-Max News (Infomax)".
- "I-Dakila Ka Pinoy (PTV-4)".