|Elevation||60 m (200 ft)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Irikkur is a town in Kannur District of Kerala state, south India. It has historic and commercial importance, and is one of the largest Mappila Muslim majority towns (90%) in Kannur district and lies on the banks of the Irikkur River, locally known as the "Ayippuzha". This river was the geographical border of the former Kottayam of earstwhile Veera pazhassi Raja'.
People residing both side of the river mingled together and this cooperation resulted in the formation of Irikkur village covering both banks of the river. The name "Irikkur" was considered to be formed from the Malayalam word 'iru kara ooru' which means a village of both banks of the river.
Irikkur is almost in the center of Kannur district. On the eastern side of the Irikkur Panchayath is Padiyoor. On the west is Malappattam. On the north is Sreekantapuram and on the south Irikkur river.It is a joy when Buses from Kannur come to irikkur crossing the river and go inside irikkur crossing the mosque, market and shops again returning on the same route. "Palaga Biscuit" a tasty rusk like bread is a famous recipe of Irrikur.
Muslims, Hindus, and Christians live here in harmony and Irrikkur is a model village for of communal harmony. The famous Mamanam Temple, Nilamuttam Makham and Paisai Church lie side-by-side as a symbol for this.
Irikkur is located at  It has an average elevation of 60 m (200 ft)..
- Police station
- Block office
- Govt PHC
- Govt Ayurvedic Hospital
- Govt. Homoeo Dispensary (NRHM)
- Registraton office
- Panchayath office
- PWD rest house
- AEO office
- KSEB regional Office
- Village office
- Telephone Exchange
- Agricultural office
- K W A Office
- Govt CHC
- Ayurvedic hospital
- Homeopathy hospital
- Unity hospital
- Raslok hospital
- Prashanthi clinic
- Veterinary dispensary
- Irikkur Co operative bank
- Merchants Co operative Society
- Canara Bank
- Kannur Dist Co operative Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Federal Bank
- Self-financing college: 2(Sibga Arts And Science College,CONCORD Arts and science College,Muttannur)
- Higher secondary school: 2 (Rahmaniya, GHSS)
- Upper Primary : 3 (Kamaliya,irikkur high school Ayippuzha)
- CBSE school : (ISLAHI English Medium School,English Valley,Horizon English Medium School,IMA English medium School)
- Arabic college : 1 (Rahmaniya Arabic College)
- Lower primary school
(Kamaliya , Rahmaniya orphanage , kulinja devi vilasam , pattuvam vani vilasam, deshamitram chedicherry) There are many LP schools and unrecognised schools.
Approximately 90% of the population consists of Muslims, most of Muslim organisations have unit in Irikkur including [E K Samasta], Kerala Nadvathul Mujahideen, Jamaathe Islami, Samasta, AP Samasta, Madavoor Mujahid.
Places of worship
- Mamanikkunn temple, one of the famous Hindu temples of Kerala.
- 20 mosques, out of which allow to pray
- A Christian seminary
Irikkur has a notable soccer history, and a football ground (Dianomous).
Annually a sevens football tournament organised in irikkur under dianomous club for the memmory of great leader V Kuttiyali sahib.
- SPORTS CLUB
- Green battalion irikkur
- soccer city
- Mercara sports club
- Sunday warriors irikkur
- Big Brothers Arts & Sports Club
- Bouchon, Genevieve (1988). Regent of the Sea. Oxford University Press. p. 14.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Irikkur
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies" (PDF). Kerala. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-10-18.