Irina Aleksandrovna Allegrova
20 January 1952
|Height||172 cm (5 ft 8 in)|
|Title||People's Artist of Russia (2010)|
|Genres||Pop, dance, synthpop, pop rock, dance-rock|
Irina Allegrova was born in Rostov-on-Don in 1952. Her father Alexander Sarkisov, an ethnic Armenian, took the surname Allegrov as a pseudonym when he was just 17 and Irina was born with this surname (Allegrova). Her Russian mother was Serafima Sosnovskaya. Allegrova was brought up in a theatrical family with famous people who frequented their house and impressed the young girl. She spent her early life in Baku, Azerbaijan SSR where she studied piano and ballet. Allegrova gave birth to one daughter, Lala, at a young age. She left Lala with her parents and moved to Moscow to become a singer at the age of 22.
Her debut album "My Destined One – Suzheny/Wanderer – Strannik" was written and produced by her neighbor and friend Igor Nikolaev. The album, supported by the single "Wanderer" (1991–1992) became No.1 and stayed No.1 for nearly a full year.
She began to work with Igor Krutoi, changed her hair to her natural brunette, got married, had a grandson, and bought a house on the outskirts of Moscow. Irina and Krutoi released two albums together, "I will disperse the clouds with my hands" and "Un-finished Romance" (1996, 1998).
Allegrova divorced, released a healing-themed album called "Teatr" (Theater) (1999) and went on tour around the world. In 2004, she received a star on the Star Square in Moscow.
In 2005, she began working exclusively with Aleksei Garnizov on "Po Lezviyu Lyubvi (On razor's edge of love) trilogy". A new album was planned for release in late 2005.
She has since written three novellas about love, and created an award ceremony where she and other stars give out the 'Golden Duck' to those journalists who made up the worst lies.
Allegrova announced that in March 2012 she will be retiring and went on a final tour, she is still doing concerts, however, very rarely. At the end of 2013, she released a new song with Russian singer Slava (singer) called "First Love, Last Love". She also made a song for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi for ice hockey with past athletes of the sport.
- Svadebnye Tsvety
- Mladshiy Leitenant 
- Nezakonchennyi Roman
- Transitnyi passazhir
- Strannik (cassette/lp) = Suzheny (CD) (1991/1994 CD)
- Ugonschitsa (1995) – Car thief
- Ya Tuchi Razvedu Rukami (1996)
- Imperatritsa (1997) – Empress
- Nezakonchennyi Roman (1998)
- Teatr (1999) – The theatre
- Vsyo Snachala (2000 version 1 & 2001 version 2)
- Po Lezviyu Lyubvi (2002 version 1 BLACK & 2003 version 2 RED)
- Popolam (2004)
- S Dnem Rojdeniya (2005) – Happy Birthday!
- Allegrova 2007 (2007)
- Exclusive edition (2010)
- Почётное звание присвоено указом Президента России № 67 от 15.01.2010 Archived 13 May 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- Ирина Аллегрова откроет год России во Франции
- Отчаянная шоуменша. Интервью с Ириной Аллегровой. 1992 год.
- Биография И. Аллегровой на официальном сайте
- Аллегрова Ирина / Стильное радио «Перец ФМ» Archived 24 September 2015 at the Wayback Machine
- This song is about a junior lieutenant, who has only one star on his shoulder straps in the Russian rank system. Thus, the line "Only TWO stars fell on his shoulder strap" is a mistake.