Shayk in 2012
Irina Valeryevna Shaykhlislamova|
6 January 1986
Yemanzhelinsk, Chelyabinsk Oblast, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
Cristiano Ronaldo (2010–2015) |
Bradley Cooper (2015–present)
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
The Lions (New York, Los Angeles) |
Elite Model Management (Paris, Barcelona)
Select Model Management (London)
Modelwerk (Hamburg) 
Irina Valeryevna Shaykhlislamova (Russian: Ири́на Вале́рьевна Шайхлисла́мова; born 6 January 1986), known popularly as Irina Shayk and, sometimes, credited as Irina Sheik (Russian: Ири́на Шейк), is a Russian supermodel. Shayk received international recognition in 2007 when she became the exclusive contracted face of Intimissimi lingerie. She appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and was also the first Russian model to grace its cover in 2011. Models.com ranks her at No. 8 in the world for her social media following.
Her full surname Shaykhlislamova consists of Shaykhlislam, which literally means "Islamic scholar" (Shaykh al-Islam) due to Muslim Tatar background from her father and Russian female surname suffix ova.
Shayk was born in Yemanzhelinsk, USSR, to Volga Tatar Valery Shaykhlislamov, a coal miner, and his Russian wife Olga, a kindergarten music teacher. She has said that she inherited her looks from her father and that people often think she is South American: "My father was dark skinned, because he was Tatar, sometimes Tatars can look Brazilian… I get my light eyes from my mother." She has one sibling, a sister named Tatiana.
Shayk started playing piano at age six. At age nine she enrolled in a music school and studied there for seven years, both playing the piano and singing in the choir, since her mother wanted her to study music. Her father died of complications of pneumonia when she was 14, leaving her family with little money and forcing her mother to work two jobs to provide for the family.
After high school, Shayk studied marketing but failed it and entered a beauty school with her older sister. While there, she was noticed by a person from a local modeling agency who was struck by her beauty. She was urged to participate in the "Miss Chelyabinsk 2004" beauty contest and she won.
In 2007, she replaced Ana Beatriz Barros as the face of Intimissimi, and in the same year debuted in the annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Since that time, she has appeared in every annual edition, attending photoshoots in such places as St. Petersburg, Naples, Grenada and Chile.
After being the image of Intimissimi for three years, Shayk was made the official ambassador for the brand in 2010. Her other modeling contracts include Beach Bunny Swimwear (2009), and Guess spring/summer 2009. Other work includes the Victoria's Secret catalog, Lacoste, Cesare Paciotti and Morellato. Her magazine covers include Annabelle, Bolero, Woman, Twelv, Jalouse, and Paris Capital. She signed with modeling agency IMG in May 2009.
Shayk modeled the Armani Exchange spring/summer 2010 campaign. She also starred in Kanye West's "Power", directed by artist Marco Brambilla. She was on the cover of Ocean Drive and GQ South Africa for the August issue. She ranked first in the "50 Hottest Russian Women" list by Complex magazine.
She made a change from swimwear to high fashion with a spread in Spain's Harper's Bazaar and landed the cover of Elle Spain for their November 2010 issue. Glamour Spain awarded her "Best International Model of 2010". At the end of the year she was pictured nude in the GQ Spain December issue; however, she claimed that she had not stripped for the photoshoot, and that the magazine had digitally altered the images to remove her lingerie.
On 14 February 2011 episode of the Late Show with David Letterman, it was revealed via Billboard that Shayk was the covermodel for the 2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. This was the fifth time she has been featured in the magazine, but the first time she has been on the cover. She is the first Russian to appear on the cover. Shayk became the face of swim label Luli Fama's 2011 advertising campaign and look book. She also appears in the John John Denim ad campaign. In 2011 she covered magazines such as Tatler Russia, Twelv, Cosmopolitan Spain, GQ Mexico, Glamour Spain, Amica Italy and appeared on the covered of Elle Spain, the special edition for Christmas. She also worked for many brands like Rampage, replacing Bar Refaeli, Replay and XTI. She currently ranks 14th in the "Top 20 Sexiest Models" list on Models.com. The same year she was voted "Sexiest Woman In The World" in the Hungarian magazine Periodika.
In 2012, she covered Esquire UK, Harper's Bazaar Arabia and Ukraine, Marie Claire Ukraine, Spain and Russia, GQ Germany, Glamour Russia and appeared on 14 Cosmopolitan spring covers worldwide. She also covered S Moda Spain and The Sunday Times Style. She also did an editorial for Vanity Fair Italy. The same year, she has appeared in campaigns for Morellato, Agua Bendita and Blanco. Shayk is also the new face of the brand La Clover and of Avon super drama mascara. In September 2012 she covered L'express Styles magazine, and worked with Mariano Vivanco. In November, Shayk covered Twelv Magazine, Second Issue with supermodel Anne V. In the same month she appeared in an editorial for Vogue Spain December issue working with Mario Testino. Later that year, on 27 November, she presented the fourth season of Top Model po-russki.
In February 2013, she covered Vs. magazine with Anne V and the same month she did an editorial for CR Fashion book issue 2 photographed by Bruce Weber and styled by Carine Roitfeld. The same month she did the runway of Jeremy Scott during the New York fashion week. In March 2013 she did the runway of Givenchy during the Paris fashion week. Also in 2013, Shayk featured several times in Harper's Bazaar US. She featured for the second time in CR fashion book issue 3. In September, she covered Allure Russia. She was also the cover model of Vogue Spain, landing her first Vogue cover photographed by Giampaolo Sgura. In 2014, she was the placard bearer for the Russian team during the opening ceremony of the 2014 Winter Olympics. After that appearance she was a part of famous Russian TV show Evening Urgant where she talked about her successful career in modeling.
Shayk has walked the runways for Miu Miu, Bottega Veneta, Marc Jacobs, Moschino, Versace, Givenchy, Diane Von Furstenberg, Giles Deacon, Philipp Plein, and Mango. In 2016, she appeared in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
She has appeared in advertising campaigns for Alberta Ferretti, Givenchy, La Perla, Roberto Cavalli, La Senza, Morellato, bebe, Lord & Taylor, Lacoste, Armani Exchange, Guess, Saks Fifth Avenue, Victoria's Secret, and Avon. In October 2015 she became the new L'Oréal Paris International Spokesperson.
Shayk is helping a maternity hospital in her hometown of Yemanzhelinsk. She and her sister helped rebuild the children's ward of the local hospital, and now Shayk raises money on behalf of a Russian charity, Pomogi (Russian: Помоги), which provides care to sick children. Shayk is the official ambassador for Pomogi charity in Russia.
Shayk was previously in a five-year relationship with Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, which ended in January 2015. Since early 2015, Shayk has been in a relationship with actor Bradley Cooper. In November 2015, Cooper moved into her apartment in New York's West Village. On 21 March 2017, Shayk and Cooper welcomed their first child, a daughter named Lea de Seine,who was born in Los Angeles.
- Malle, Chloe. "Hot! Supermodel Shayk's Perry Street Condo". The New York Observer. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Irina Sheik". Fashion Model Directory.
- "Irina S– Model Profile – Photos & latest news". Models.com. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Cohen, Stefanie (15 August 2010). "Shayk, rattle and roll!". New York Post. Retrieved 10 November 2010.
- Fernández de Angulo, Javier (10 December 2010). "Desmontando a Irina". GQ. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- http://uralpress.ru/show_article.php?id=56680 (in Russian)
- "Shayk it baby! Ronaldo's stunning model girlfriend Irina smoulders in Italian lingerie". Daily Mail.ukdate=8 October 2010. London. Retrieved 10 November 2010.
- "Videos". Beach Bunny Swimwear. Retrieved 10 November 2010.
- "Guess Jeans S/S 09 (Guess)". Models.com. Retrieved 10 November 2010.
- "Cristiano Ronaldo's new girlfriend – Irina Sheik - Glamour Vanity". glamourvanity.com. Retrieved 14 May 2017.
- Aboutaleb, Britt (23 July 2009). "Irina Shayk: Superstar". fashionista.com.
- Marr, Madeleine (12 June 2010). "It's good to be Irina Shayk". The Miami Herald.
- "Kanye West's Artistic "Power" Video". Celebrity-gossip.net. 6 August 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2010.
- "Sexy lingerie model Irina Shayk covers August GQ South Africa – Lingerie Pics, Lingerie Tips, Hot Lingerie". LingerieWeapon.com. 21 July 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2010.
- "Swim Fan :: Articles :: Ocean Drive Magazine". Oceandrive.com. Retrieved 10 November 2010.
- "Irina Shayk (Ирина Шейк) | The 50 Hottest Russian Women". Best.complex.com. Retrieved 10 November 2010.
- Chernikoff, Leah. "Irina Shayk Goes from Swim to High Fashion Model Thanks to Kanye?". fashionista.com.
- "Premios top Glamour. La revista entregó sus galardones Women of the Year 2010" (in Spanish). Glamour España. 12 November 2010. Retrieved 14 November 2010.
Una impresionante Irina Shayk recogió el premio a la Mejor Modelo Internacional
- Ronaldo's girlfriend Irina Shayk attacks GQ for Photoshopping her images to appear nude, Daily Mail, 25 November 2010
- Finn, Natalie (15 February 2011). "Five Things to Know About Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Hottie Irina Shayk". E! News.
- Satherley, Jessica (15 February 2011). "Cristiano Ronaldo's girlfriend Irina Shayk lands the 2011 Sports Illustrated annual Swimsuit Issue cover". Daily Mail. London. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- "Tennis Catherine?... Bernard Arnault's Wealth Estimated a Cool $28.6B..." Women's Wear Daily. 9 July 2010.
- Odell, Amy (9 July 2010). "See Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Model Swimsuits Before and After Photoshopping". New York. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- "Irina Shayk for John John Denim Campaign". Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Irina Shayk". fmd. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "MODELS.com's Top Sexiest Models". models.com. Retrieved 14 May 2017.
- Aboutaleb, Britt (11 July 2011). "Ismét megválasztották a világ legszebb színésznőjét és legszexisebb színészét". premierfilm.hu.
- "Irina Shayk biography". models.com. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Irina Shayk". FMD. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "The fashion spot". Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Allure Russia September 2013 Cover". models.com. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Vogue Spain November 2013". Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Tousignant, Lauren (8 February 2014). "Russian supermodel sizzles at Sochi Opening Ceremony". New York Post. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "L'Oréal Signs Up Irina Shayk". Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- "Irina Shayk goes Hollywood in 'Hercules'". USA Today. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "Timeline Photos". Facebook.com. Retrieved 21 June 2014.[non-primary source needed]
- "Irina Shayk, the good will ambassador of POMOGI". Retrieved 19 August 2014 – via YouTube.
- "Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk are dating". Hello. 5 May 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Bradley Cooper quits apartment hunt, moves in with Irina Shayk". Daily News. New York. 23 November 2015. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- "Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Welcome Daughter Lea De Seine". People. 11 April 2017. Retrieved 14 May 2017.
- "Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk's First Child's Name and Sex Revealed". E!. Retrieved 14 May 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Irina Shayk.|