Early life and career
Skobtseva appeared in Othello in 1955 along with Sergei Bondarchuk.
She played Pierre Bezukhov's wife Elena Kuragina Bezukhova in the juggernaut War and Peace – a husband-wife pairing, as Pierre was played by Bondarchuk himself. She also had a small cameo role in the 1970s film Waterloo as a French woman who followed her husband to the battlefield.
She semi-retired in the 1980s, but has made some appearances on television since.
- A Unique Spring (1957) as Claudia Novozhilova
- Walking the Streets of Moscow (1963) as Nadya
- Thirty Three (1965) as Vera Sergeyevna
- Zigzag of Success (1968) as Lidia Sergeevna, photographer
- Boris Godunov (1986) as the innkeeper
Honours and awards
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Irina Skobtseva.|
|This article about a Soviet actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|