|Stable release||1.1.9 (July 6, 2009[±])|
|Operating system||Windows Mobile, Windows CE|
Iris Browser was a web browser for Windows Mobile smartphones and personal digital assistants (PDAs) developed by the Torch Mobile company. The first version was released in 2008. It was one of the first mobile browsers to score a perfect 100 on the Acid3 test.
This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (March 2009)
- WebKit rendering engine
- SquirrelFish Extreme
- Customizable interface
- Touch screen control
- Advanced HTML and CSS support
- Zoom and tap Function
- Multiple windows and tabs
- Input methods
- Software mouse cursor
- Special effects
- Rotating devices
- Advanced security features
- Pop-up blockers
- Advanced mobile key navigation
- HTTP cache optimized for low disk usage
- SSL and authenticated proxy support
- Styled Form Controls
- Netscape plug-in API
- SVG, XPath, and XSLT support
- History Auto-Complete
- Efficient storage of bookmarks and cookies
- Bookmark editor, carrier specified list
- Favorite icons and history
- XHTML 1.x mobile profile support
- Customizable about: pages
According to independent testing, Iris 1.1.5 loads pages more slowly than its closest competitor, Opera Mobile. The UI was greatly enhanced all the way up until 1.1.9 which was released on July 6, 2009.
- Fitzpatrick, Jason (2008-12-08). "Iris Brings Desktop Browsing To Windows Mobile". Lifehacker. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- "Torch Mobile Launches Free Web Browser for Windows Mobile". Brighthand. 2008-02-15. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- Perez, Sarah (2009-02-24). "Iris: A New Browser for Windows Mobile Emerges from Beta". Channel19. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- Nickinson, Phil (2009-08-25). "RIM purchases Torch Mobile; Iris Browser for Windows Mobile will be discontinued". wpcentral.com. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- Loganbill, Scott (2008-08-13). "Torch Fires up Webkit-Powered Windows Mobile Browser". Webmonkey. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- Niall, Magennis (2009-03-30). "Torch Mobile Iris Browser 1.1.5 IRIS". TrustedReviews. Retrieved April 30, 2009.
|This mobile software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|