Iris Maity at the Audio release of 'Tutiya Dil'
Iris is an Indian model and actress.
After her graduation in science, she earned an MBA degree in marketing. She is a trained dancer, and can also sing and paint. Her father, Bhaskar Maity, is a former football player, who represented India in the Asian Games, 1979. Her mother is a homemaker, and she also has a younger brother. Iris was crowned Get Gorgeous 2008. Get Gorgeous is Channel V's launch pad for aspiring models across India. As winner of Channel [V] Get Gorgeous 5, Iris won ₹1 million (US$16,000) contract with Channel V and ICE Model Management. She also won Miss India Tourism Metropolitan in 2007. She was adjudged with the "I AM Photogenic" title at the I AM She 2010, the first Miss India Universe pageant, which was held on 28th May 2010 in Mumbai. She is also trained in Martial Arts.
Iris is a model, and also has appeared in a few Hindi films. She has participated in the second season of the most controversial non fiction popular bengali reality show Bigg Boss Bangla. She has appeared in print campaigns with Fair and Lovely, Nestle Munch, Satya Paul and a TVC for 7 UP. She worked with designers Manish Malhotra, Varun Behl and others. She had roles in mainstream Hindi movies such as Soch Lo (as Riva) and Tutiya Dil as Anuradha / Anu.
- "Iris Maity — The Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 11 April 2013. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Talking point with iris maity — Express India". Expressindia.indianexpress.com. 4 August 2008. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Iris Maity Gets Gorgeous — Bollywood Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 26 July 2008. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Indian Model IRIS MAITY". Explosivefashion.in. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Iris Maity rescues a Model from Molestation and Sexual Assault". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "Review: Tutiya Dil is an honest film — Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 16 January 2012. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Iris Maity Filmography, Iris Maity Movies, Iris Maity Films". entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 24 April 2014.