Iris Scott (born in Maple Valley, Washington, 1984) is an American contemporary visual artist based in Brooklyn, New York, best known for pioneering finger painting to achieve media recognition, and commercial success. Using "vibrant colors and vivid imagery" to represent a variety of natural-world subjects, Scott`s art is said to express "remarkable movement, depth, and feeling". The painter's work has been featured in Forbes, USA Today, CBS New York, and American Art Collector, among other media.
Life and career
Scott was brought up by hippie parents in a farm home environment in close contact with nature, many of whose elements were to emerge in her artistic themes. She graduated in Painting from the Washington State University in 2006. A few years later her serendipitous discovery of the usefulness of her own fingers as paintbrushes led to the rapid development of her own artistic style, described by critics as impressionistic and dream-like.
Being possibly the first ever professional finger painter, as well as being endowed with a proven entrepreneurial spirit have been cause of praise by third parties when referring to the artist. Her case is considered by some as a source of inspiration to other art makers.
- "Photos: NY artist goes old school and makes intricate paintings with just her fingers". komonews.com. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- LIESL, ULRICH-VERDERBER. "Prepare to be Awed by the Finger Painter Iris Scott". everwideningcircles.com. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- Pofeldt, Elaine Pofeldt. "How A Fine Artist Built A Million-Dollar, One-Person Business That's True To Her Vision". forbes.com. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- "Iris Scott creates stunning images with finger painting". www.usatoday.com. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- "Professional Artist Proves Fingerpainting Not Just For Children". newyork.cbslocal.com. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- "Movement and texture". americanartcollector.com. Retrieved 18 March 2019.
- "Iris Scott Talks To Noah Becker About Her Paintings". whitehotmagazine.com. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- Real, Carolina. "Iris Scott: The World's Finest Finger Painter". art-summit.com. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- Akmal, Adeela. "Ornamental craftwork". thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- Scott, Iris. Finger painting weekend workshop : a beginner's guide to creating brush-free works of art. Race Point Publishing. p. 160. ISBN 978-1631061431.
- "Iris Scott". filosofiarts.com. Retrieved 18 March 2019.
- "IRIS SCOTT SOLO SHOW". adelmanfineart.com. Retrieved 18 March 2019.