Ibec (formerly Irish Business and Employers Confederation) is the largest business lobby group and largest lobbying organisation in Ireland. It represents business of all sizes spanning every sector of the economy, together employing 70% of the private sector workforce in Ireland. 
The organisation works to promote business interests by lobbying and advising governments, policy makers and key stakeholders, creating networking opportunities for businesses and providing business insight.
Ibec also supports member companies with advice on industrial relations and management of employees.
The organisation employs over 240 staff, has 42 brands representing individual trade associations and operates nationally through six national offices in: Dublin (HQ), Cork, Galway, Waterford, Limerick and Donegal, and internationally through its Brussels office. Ibec is directed and managed by a board, national council, and executive director team.
Formerly known as the Irish Business and Employers Confederation (IBEC), but now just the word "Ibec", the organisation was formed in 1993 as a result of the conclusion of the Confederation of Irish Industry (CII, founded 1932) and the Federated Union of Employers (FUE, founded 1942).
The CEO of Ibec is Danny McCoy who assumed the role in June 2009.
The organisation is arranged into five divisions: Policy and Public Affairs; Employer Relations; Commercial and Operations.
Ibec’s policies and strategic priorities are set by its board and national council which are implemented by Ibec’s executive director team.
Ibec's central and final decision-making authority is the 70 member national council and signs-off key Ibec policy positions. It provides a forum for the exchange of views between the constituent members and groupings of Ibec on relevant policy, sectoral and organisational issues.
The Ibec board is responsible for Ibec’s corporate governance and strategic direction. It is chaired by Ibec President, Edel Creely, MD, Trilogy Technologies]].
|Edel Creely (President)||MD||Trilogy Technologies|
|Leo Crawford||Group CE||BWG Group|
|Gerry Collins||VP Strategy||J&J Supply Chain|
|Larry Murrin||CEO||Dawn Farm Foods|
|John Kennedy||President||Diageo Europe, Russia and Turkey|
|Paraic Curtis||Vice President, MedSurg Europe||Boston Scientific Ltd|
|Kevin Toland||CEO||Dublin Airport Authority|
|Siobhan Talbot||Group MD||Glanbia Plc|
|Patrick Manley||CEO General Insurance, EMEA||Zurich Insurance plc|
|Alastair Blair||Country Managing Director||Accenture Accenture Ireland|
CEO CPL Resources
|Frank Gleeson||Region Managing Director and COO||Aramark Northern Europe|
|Cathriona Hallahan||Managing Director||Microsoft Ltd.|
|Tony Smurfit||Chief Executive Officer||Smurfit Kappa|
Executive director team
The executive director team, led by Ibec CEO Danny McCoy is responsible for the development and implementation of Ibec's strategic implementation plan.
Executive director team:
|Liam O'Donoghue||Deputy CEO/COO|
|Fergal O'Brien||Director of Policy and Public Affairs|
|Maeve McElwee||Director of Employer Relations|
|Martin Wells||Commercial Director|
Ibec develops its lobbying strategy through its 17-member policy team and 9 policy committees which are chaired and populated by members of Ibec. Committees meet on a quarterly basis, addressing the challenges and issues facing business and employers.
Ibec policy committees:
- Digital Economy Policy Committee
- Innovation, Science and Technology Committee
- European Affairs and Trade Policy Committee
- Labour Market and Skills Council
- Economic and Taxation Committee
- Diversity Forum
- Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Transport Council
- Environment Policy Committee
Industry level representation
Ibec has over 40 business associations within the organisation. Each association is supported by a professional team of industry experts.
Ibec’s main sectors are:
- Alcohol Beverage Federation of Ireland (ABFI)
- Audio-visual Federation (AVF)
- BioPharmaChem Ireland (BPCI)
- Building Materials Federation (BMF)
- Cement Manufactures Ireland(CMI)
- Consumer Electronics (CEDA)
- Federation of Aerospace Engineering industries (FAEI)
- Federation of Irish Renderers (FIR) affiliate
- Financial Services Ireland (FSI)
- Food and Drink Industry Ireland (FDII)
- Forestry (IFFPA)
- ICT Ireland
- Irish Association of Pigmeat Processors (IAPM)
- Irish Beer Association (IBA)
- Irish Biscuits and Chocolate Association (IBCA)
- Irish Bread Bakers Association (IBBA)
- Irish Cellular Industry Association (ICIA)
- Irish Cider Association
- Irish Coffee Association (ICA)
- Irish Cold Storage Federation (ICSF)
- Irish Contract Cleaners Association (ICCA)
- Irish Cosmetics Detergents Association (ICDA)
- Irish Decorative Surfaces Association (IDSCA)
- Irish Diary Industries Association (IDIA)
- Irish Engineering Enterprises Federation (IEEF)
- Irish Manufacturers Association (IMA)
- Irish Medical Devices Association (IMDA)
- Irish Mining and Engineering Group (IMEG)
- Irish Ports Association (IPA)
- Irish Software Association (ISA)
- Irish Spirits Association
- Irish Whiskey Association
- Irish Wine Association.
- Meat Industry Ireland (MII)
- Mobile Operators messaging forum (MOM)
- Petfood Association of Ireland (PFAI)
- Plastics Ireland
- Prepared Consumer Foods (PCF) Council
- Property Industry Ireland (PII)
- Retail Ireland
- Small Firms Association (SFA)
- Telecommunications Internet Federation (TIF)
- White Goods Association (WGA)
- "IFA second most active lobbying organisation on official register". www.farmersjournal.ie. Retrieved 2016-06-15.
- "About Ibec | Ibec - For Irish business". Ibec. Retrieved 2016-06-15.
- "New Ibec brand launched". agenda.ibec.ie. Retrieved 2016-06-15.
- McCoy, Danny (2010-09-30). "Ireland will recover quickly from bank crisis". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2016-06-15.
- "Ibec business sectors | Ibec - For Irish business". Ibec. Retrieved 2016-06-15.
Also, see IBEC: Innovative Building Energy Controls