Irish Car Bomb
|Primary alcohol by volume|
|Standard drinkware||A pub glass and a shot glass.|
|Commonly used ingredients||
|Preparation||The whiskey is floated on top of the Irish cream in a shot glass, and the shot glass is then dropped into the stout|
The name is often deemed offensive, with some bartenders refusing to serve it. The inclusion of the drink in an English bar's 2014 promotional material drew complaints, followed by withdrawal of the promotion and a public apology by the bar manager. Increasingly, bartenders prefer the title "Irish Slammer", "Irish Bomb Shot", or simply the "Irish Bomb" to avoid offending patrons.
The whiskey is layered over the Irish cream in a shot glass, and the shot glass is then dropped into a glass of stout. The drink should be consumed quickly as the cream will cause it to curdle within a short time.
- "Irish Car Bomb drink recipe". Drinknation.com. Retrieved November 18, 2009.
- Dicke, Scott (March 6, 2007). "History of Irish Car Bombs Isn't Something to Drink To". Daily Nexus. University of California, Santa Barbara. Retrieved May 18, 2009.
- Halleron, Chris (September 28, 2005). "Hal Wastes His Wages Defuse the 'Irish Car Bomb'". Hudson Reporter. Hoboken, New Jersey. Retrieved September 9, 2009.
- Detelj, Tina (July 5, 2010). "Irish group slams cocktail". New Haven, CT: WTNH. Archived from the original on September 2, 2012. Retrieved September 3, 2012.
- "Nightclub scraps Irish Car Bomb shots poster". March 12, 2014. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Sennett, Bob. Complete world bartender guide.
- Charming, Cheryl (October 1, 2007). The Everything Bartender's Book: 750 recipes for classic and mixed drinks (2nd ed.). Everything Books. p. 178. ISBN 1598695908.
- "Carbomb Creation". April 16, 2009. Retrieved May 18, 2009.
- "The Meaning of an Irish Car Bomb". March 11, 2009. Retrieved May 18, 2009.
- "IrishCarBomb.com". Archived from the original on August 13, 2012. Retrieved May 18, 2009.
- "Belfast Carbomb #1". Retrieved May 18, 2009.
|The Wikibook Bartending has a page on the topic of: Irish Car Bomb|