Irish Eyes Are Smiling
|Irish Eyes Are Smiling|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Gregory Ratoff|
|Written by||Earl Baldwin
John Tucker Battle
|Edited by||Harmon Jones|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|November 7, 1944 (USA)|
Irish Eyes Are Smiling is a 1944 musical film which chronicles the life of popular Irish song composer Ernest R. Ball. The screenplay by Earl Baldwin and John Tucker Battle is based on a story by E. A. Ellington. The film was directed by Gregory Ratoff and produced by Damon Runyon for 20th Century Fox. The film was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Score in 1944.
The movie is a musical account of the life of Ernest R. Ball, a gifted composer of many popular Irish songs, including the titular one.
- Monty Woolley ... Edgar Brawley
- June Haver ... Mary 'Irish' O'Neill
- Dick Haymes ... Ernest R. Ball
- Anthony Quinn ... Al Jackson
- Beverly Whitney ... Lucille Lacey
- Maxie Rosenbloom ... Stanley Ketchel
- Veda Ann Borg ... Belle La Tour
- Clarence Kolb ... Leo Betz
- Leonard Warren ... Opera Singer
- Blanche Thebom ... Opera Singer
- Chick Chandler ... Stage Manager
- Muriel Page... Specialty Dancer
- Kenny Williams ... Specialty Dancer
- Michael Dalmatoff ... Headwaiter
- Aubrey Solomon, Twentieth Century-Fox: A Corporate and Financial History Rowman & Littlefield, 2002 p 220
- "Irish Eyes Are Smiling (1944)". AFI. afi.com. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- "Irish Eyes Are Smiling". FilmAffinity. filmaffinity.com. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- Bosley Crowther (November 8, 1944). "The Screen: 'Irish Eyes Are Smiling,' a Tuneful Technicolored Show, With Dick Haymes and June Haver, Opens at the Roxy". The New York Times.
- "'Irish Eyes'". Harrisburg Telegraph. March 13, 1948. p. 22. Retrieved August 8, 2015 – via Newspapers.com.
- Irish Eyes Are Smiling at the American Film Institute Catalog
- Irish Eyes Are Smiling at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a musical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|