University College Dublin
Dublin 4 
|Eimear Grealy |
|Brian Caruth |
|Martin Canniffe |
|International Hockey Federation|
European Hockey Federation|
Sport Northern Ireland
Olympic Council of Ireland
Irish Hockey Union|
Irish Ladies Hockey Union
Irish Hockey Association
Hockey Ireland, previously known as the Irish Hockey Association, is the governing body for field hockey in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. It is responsible for organising both the Ireland men's national field hockey team and the Ireland women's national field hockey team as well as national leagues and cup competitions. Hockey Ireland is funded through grants from Sport Ireland, Sport Northern Ireland and the Olympic Council of Ireland. In 2013 Hockey Ireland became a limited company. Approximately 168 clubs and 280 schools are affiliated to Hockey Ireland. 
The Irish Hockey Union was founded on 6 February 1893, following a meeting at the Wicklow Hotel. The men's Irish Senior Cup was first played for in 1893–94, making it the oldest field hockey cup competition in the world. The men's Irish Junior Cup was first played for in 1894–95. On 26 January 1895 the Ireland men's national field hockey team played in the first ever international field hockey match when they defeated Wales 3–0 in Rhyl. The Irish Ladies Hockey Union was established in 1894, following a meeting at Alexandra College. In March 1896 they hosted the first ever women's international field hockey match when the Ireland women's national field hockey team defeated England 2–0 at Alexandra College. Ireland joined the International Hockey Federation in 1950.  The two unions merged in May 2000 to form the Irish Hockey Association. The merger came about after the International Hockey Federation declared in 1998 that each national member must be governed by just one organisation. 
- Irish Hockey Umpires Association
- Irish Universities Hockey Association
- Connacht Hockey
- Leinster Hockey Association
- Munster Hockey
- Ulster Hockey Union
- "Hockey Ireland - Contact Details". www.hockey.ie. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- "Hockey Ireland - Governance Structure". www.hockey.ie. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- "Hockey Ireland - About Us". www.hockey.ie. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- "125 Year Anniversary Of IHU Formation". www.hockey.ie. 6 February 2018. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- "A history of the sport on the island as Hockey Ireland celebrates 125th anniversary". www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk. 6 February 2018. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- "Alex celebrate 120th anniversary on St Patrick's Day". www.hookhockey.com. 16 March 2013. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- "Living for the days of the big finals Alexandra College". www.irishtimes.com. 27 February 2008. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- "Ireland's hockey unions amalgamate". www.irishtimes.com. 26 May 2000. Retrieved 6 August 2012.