The Irish Institute (Spanish: Instituto Irlandés) is a highly selective private school in Greater Mexico City. Operated by the Legionaries of Christ, it has separate campuses for boys' and girls' schools and a preschool in Naucalpan, State of Mexico. The school levels in total range from preschool to bachillerato, equivalent to the American K-12. The preschool is coeducational but other levels are separated into the boys' and girls' campuses. It is one of the most prestigious and selective private schools in Mexico
The school is in proximity to Mexico City. It is operated by the Legionaries of Christ. The Irish Institute is also present in Italy in the city of Rome and in other cities of Mexico, including: Nuevo Laredo and Monterrey.
Jason Berry and Gerald Renner, the authors of the 2004 book Vows of Silence: The Abuse of Power in the Papacy of John Paul II, said that the students came from the "superrich of Mexico City". Paul Lennon, a former member of the Legionaries quoted in the book, wrote that "The family names[of the students] were like a Who's Who of Mexican people." Historically many students arrived in cars driven by bodyguards for protection against kidnapping.
- Berry, Jason and Gerald Renner. Vows of Silence: The Abuse of Power in the Papacy of John Paul II. Simon & Schuster, March 4, 2004. ISBN 0743253817, 9780743253819. p. 190.
- "Contacto." Instituto Irlandés Masculino. Retrieved on June 18, 2014. "Dirección: Fuente de Leones No. 107, Lomas Hipódromo, Naucalpan, México. CP. 53950."
- "Contacto Archived 2013-11-04 at the Wayback Machine." Instituto Irlandés Femenino. Retrieved on June 18, 2014. "Fuente de Leones No. 107, Lomas Hipódromo, Naucalpan, México. CP. 53950."
- "Contacto." Irish Preschool. Retrieved on June 18, 2014. "Dirección: Fuente de leones No. 107, Lomas Hipódromo, Huixquilucan, Estado de México, CP 53950."
- "Niveles educativos." Instituto Irlandés Masculino. Retrieved on June 18, 2014.
- "Office of Overseas Schools » Schools Worldwide » Western Hemisphere." US Department of State. Retrieved on June 18, 2014.
- Irish Institute (in Spanish)
|This Mexican school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|