|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
2012 Opel Astra (J) GTC (Irmscher enhanced)
|GmbH & Co KG|
|Founded||Remshalden, Germany (1968 )|
|Founder||Günther Irmscher, Sr.|
|Günther Irmscher, CEO|
Number of employees
Irmscher Automobilbau GmbH & Co. KG is a German car tuning and manufacturing company, specialising in Opel, Peugeot and Kia vehicles as well as working for the complete automotive industry as an engineering service provider.
Irmscher has retained close links to the Opel company by operating the factory team in many European and German automobile competitions, including the Ascona B i400 rally car, the Vectra touring car, the Astra DTM car and the Omega V8Star Series car.
This has led them to design and manufacture parts for Chevrolet, the Cadillac CTS and wheels for the GM based SAAB models, although these are much rarer than the Opel parts. Their distinctive customised parts include alloy wheels, bodykits and exhausts as well as various interior fittings.
Irmscher Roadster (1993-2012)
Since 1993, Irmscher has been building their own replica of the Lotus Seven. Initially, the vehicle bore the model name Seventy Seven (1993-2004). Towards its latter years it was known as the Irmscher 7 (2004-2012). Power comes from Opel-sourced four-cylinder units. Choices include: 115hp or 150hp (NA-spec); 240hp or 284hp (Turbo).
Other vehicles produced by Irmscher
- In 1989, Irmscher introduced the Irmscher GT, equipped with a 3.6L I-6 engine and marketed it as a 2+2 seater sports coupe.
- In 2002, the company presented the Inspiro concept at the Geneva Motor Show. The roadster was fitted with a fettled X30XE 3.0L V6 from the Opel Omega B.
- In 2008, commemorating Irmscher's 40th anniversary, the Opel GT/Saturn Sky based GT i40 was introduced with a 6.0L V8 engine.
- In 2011, a purely electrically operated variant of the Irmscher Roadster named Irmscher 7 Selectra was presented at the Geneva Motor Show.
- "1989 Irmscher GT Specs". carfolio.com. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Irmscher GT Full Specs". Automobile Catalog. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Irmscher vehicles.|