Iroduku: The World in Colors
|Iroduku: The World in Colors|
Promotional art for the series.
(Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara)
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Toshiya Shinohara|
|Written by||Yuuko Kakihara|
|Music by||Yoshiaki Dewa|
|Licensed by||Amazon Video (streaming)|
|Original network||MBS, TBS, BS-TBS, AT-X, TUT, ATV|
|Original run||October 6, 2018 – present|
Iroduku: The World in Colors (Japanese: 色づく世界の明日から Hepburn: Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara, lit. "From the Color-Changing World's Tomorrow") is a 13-episode Japanese anime television series by studio P.A.Works. It premiered on October 6, 2018 on the Animeism block.
In 2078, Hitomi Tsukishiro is a teenage girl from a family of witches who lost her sense of colors as she lost the people she treasured. Not wanting to see her granddaughter suffer anymore, Hitomi's grandmother sends her 60 years into the past to 2018 to meet her 17-year-old self.
- Hitomi Tsukishiro (月白 瞳美 Tsukishiro Hitomi)
- Voiced by: Kaori Ishihara
- A colorblind girl who descends from a family of witches. As she gets older, she lost her senses of colors. She gets transported back 60 years into the past.
- Kohaku Tsukishiro (月白 琥珀 Tsukishiro Kohaku)
- Voiced by: Kaede Hondo, Sumi Shimamoto (older)
- Hitomi's grandmother. A troublemaker girl who often does experiments with her magic at school, causing a fear of magic among her classmates.
- Yuito Aoi (葵 唯翔 Aoi Yuito)
- Voiced by: Shōya Chiba
- A member of photography club whose hobby is drawing. For some reason, Hitomi can see the colors in his drawings.
- Asagi Kazeno (風野 あさぎ Kazeno Asagi)
- Voiced by: Kana Ichinose
- Kurumi Kawai (川合 胡桃 Kawai Kurumi)
- Voiced by: Nao Tōyama
- Shō Yamabuki (山吹 将 Yamabuki Shō)
- Voiced by: Seiji Maeda
- President of photography club.
- Chigusa Fukasawa (深澤 千草 Fukazawa Chigusa)
- Voiced by: Ayumu Murase
Production and release
The 13-episode anime television series is animated by studio P.A.Works, directed by Toshiya Shinohara, written by Yuuko Kakihara, with character designs by Fly. Yuki Akiyama serves as chief animation director and is adapting the character designs for animation. Kurumi Suzuki is the series' art director, and Junichi Higashi is the art supervisor. Tomo Namiki and Yoshimitsu Tomita are the directors of photography. Naomi Nakano is the color designer, Tachi Kiritani is the CG director, and Yō Yamada is the sound director. Infinite serves as producer for the project. The series' music is composed by Yoshiaki Dewa. The anime premiered on October 6, 2018,[a] and is broadcast on the Animeism programming block on MBS, TBS, BS-TBS, AT-X, TUT, and ATV. It is streamed exclusively on Amazon Video worldwide except in China. The opening theme song is "17-sai" (17才 Jū-nana-sai, "17-years-old") by Haruka to Miyuki, and the ending theme song is "Mimei no Kimi to Hakumei no Mahō" (未明の君と薄明の魔法) by Nagi Yanagi.
|No.||Title[b]||Original air date|
|1||"Where You Belong"|
"Kimi no Ikubeki Tokoro" (キミノイクベキトコロ)
|October 6, 2018|
|2||"I Can't Stand Magic"|
"Mahō Nante Daikirai" (魔法なんて大キライ)
|October 13, 2018|
|3||"No Rain, No Rainbow"|
- Ressler, Karen (March 23, 2018). "P.A. Works' Iroduku Sekai no Ashita kara. Anime Promo Video Reveals Staff, Cast". Anime News Network. Retrieved March 23, 2018.
- "Cast & Staff". 色づく世界の明日から 公式サイト (in Japanese). Retrieved 6 October 2018.
- Loo, Egan (August 9, 2018). "P.A. Works' Iroduku Sekai no Ashita kara. Anime Lists More Cast, Song Artists, Composer, Amazon Streaming in 2nd Video". Anime News Network. Retrieved August 9, 2018.
- Hodgekins, Crystalyn (March 16, 2018). "P.A. Works Reveals Iroduku Sekai no Ashita kara Anime Project". Anime News Network. Retrieved March 16, 2018.
- Sherman, Jennifer (October 12, 2018). "IRODUKU : The World in Colors Anime Listed With 13 Episodes". Anime News Network. Retrieved October 12, 2018.
- Ressler, Karen (September 10, 2018). "P.A. Works' Iroduku Sekai no Ashita kara. Anime Reveals October 5 Premiere, Character Designs". Anime News Network. Retrieved September 10, 2018.