IronFX is a broker providing access for speculators to the retail foreign exchange market. Founded in 2010 the company is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the United Kingdom, the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) in Cyprus, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) in Australia and the Financial Services Board (FSB) in South Africa.
IronFX was founded in Limassol, Cyprus in December 2010 after obtaining authorization by the CySEC.
In 2013, IronFX opened an office in Australia and became regulated by the ASIC, while it also received authorization of the FCA in the UK. In early 2014, IronFX opened an office in London and was soon granted with the variation of permission license and extended the scope of the existing license in order to upgrade the services provided to the traders under the FCA authorization.
In 2014, IronFX opened an office in South Africa and became authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Board (South Africa).
In August 2015, the CySEC announced an investigation related to IronFX. In November 2015, the CySEC settled all charges against the firm, agreeing to a €335,000 settlement with the company while imposing fines on FXGM, EZTrader, Interactive Option, UFX and others ranging from €123,000 up to €340,000.
IronFX officially informed leading industry directories that they have voluntarily left 4 regulations in June 2015, these regulations included CRFIN of Russia, BaFin of Germany, CONSOB of Italy and FSP of New Zealand. In the very same announcement, the company also showed that they have closed offices in a number of countries including China, Nigeria and Russia.
In August 2017 IronFX has successfully concluded an agreement with a prominent MENA region family office investor for a strategic investment of $100 million, which will be made in tranches to fund its growth capital needs.
The Company has offices in Limassol, London, Sydney, Johannesburg.
The company became a sponsor of the football club, FC Barcelona in March 2014. With this sponsorship agreement, IronFX become FC Barcelona's Official Partner with worldwide association (except for Spain), promotional and marketing rights for the use of both brand and players of FC Barcelona. In June 2017 the Company became an official sponsor of the 2017 ORC World Sailing Championship.
- "Financial Conduct Authority". register.fca.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "ASIC Free Company Name Search". search.asic.gov.au. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "IronFX Global Limited". Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- "Financial Conduct Authority". register.fca.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "IronFX Global Unveils a New Landmark Global Office in London, UK". marketwired. June 6, 2014. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- Demos, Telis (2014-12-08). "IronFX Global Files Confidentially for U.S. IPO". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "IronFX says bidding for Alpari after Swiss collapse". Cyprus Mail. 2015-01-22. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission | BOARD DECISIONS". cysec.gov.cy. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "CySEC's official statement on IronFX settlement and fines to UFX, EZTrader, InteractiveOption, FXGM | LeapRate". leaprate.com. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "Global Operations". IronFX™ | The Global Leader In Online Trading. Retrieved 2017-12-08.
- "IronFX Global Announces Official Partnership with FC Barcelona". www.goldnews.com.cy. Retrieved 2017-12-08.
- Lefkowitz, R. J. (1975-09-15). "Identification of adenylate cyclase-coupled beta-adrenergic receptors with radiolabeled beta-adrenergic antagonists". Biochemical Pharmacology. 24 (18): 1651–1658. ISSN 0006-2952. PMID 11.