Iron Range Yellow Jackets
|Iron Range Yellow Jackets|
|League||Minnesota Junior Hockey League|
|Home arena||Hodgins-Berardo Arena|
|Colors||Yellow, Black, and White|
|General manager||Eric Ballard|
|Head coach||Eric Ballard|
The Iron Range Yellow Jackets were a Junior "B" ice hockey team from Coleraine, Minnesota, United States. This defunct hockey team was a part of the Minnesota Junior Hockey League and an interleague member of the Junior "A" Superior International Junior Hockey League.
The Yellow Jackets played in the MNJHL from 1999 until 2002. Iron Range won the regular season title and playoff championship all three seasons. During their first two seasons the Yellow Jackets played home games at Hodgins-Berardo Arena in Coleraine.
Iron Range played in two USA Hockey Junior B National Tournament championship games, coming up just short both times. The Jackets attempted to win the title in their first season, but lost in overtime to the Ventura Mariners 5-4. In 2000-01 the Yellow Jackets traveled to the east coast and again were a goal short, losing to 5-4 to the Connecticut Clippers.
In July 2002 the Yellow Jackets suspended operations in hopes of returning in 2003-04. Head Coach Eric Ballard was named coach of the Northwest Wisconsin Knights for the 2002-03 season.
Iron Range junior hockey
|Season||GP||W||L||T||OTL||GF||GA||Pts||Regular Season Results||Playoff Results|
|1999-00||36||33||3||0||0||287||93||66||1st, MNJHL||Bush Cup champion. Nationals runner-up.|
|2000-01||35||32||2||-||1||270||86||65||1st, MNJHL||Bush Cup champion. Nationals runner-up.|
|2001-02||42||37||3||-||2||275||126||74||1st, MNJHL||Bush Cup champion. Nationals appearance.|
|2001-02||24||12||10||2||0||102||88||26||Partial SIJHL member||DNP|
- "Iron Range Yellow Jackets moving to Grand Rapids". Grand Rapids Herald-Review. August 2001.
- "Knights hire Eric Ballard as general manager and coach". Spooner Advocate. 23 August 2002.
- "Wide array of players came together for Yellow Jackets". Grand Rapids Herald-Review. April 2000.
- "Yellow Jackets win MJHL playoffs". Grand Rapids Herald-Review. March 2002.
- "Connecticut Clippers Win National Title". Hartford Courant. 11 April 2001.
- "'Jackets win MJHL title". Grand Rapids Herald-Review. February 2002.