Iroquois Township, Iroquois County, Illinois
Location in Iroquois County
Iroquois County's location in Illinois
|• Total||36.64 sq mi (94.9 km2)|
|• Land||36.28 sq mi (94.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.36 sq mi (0.9 km2) 0.98%|
|Elevation||623 ft (190 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||599|
|• Density||17.2/sq mi (6.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60911, 60928, 60930, 60970|
Iroquois Township is one of twenty-six townships in Iroquois County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 625 and it contained 279 housing units. Iroquois Township was formed from a portion of Middleport Township as Westfield Township in May 1858; The name was changed to Iroquois Township on an unknown date.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.64 square miles (94.9 km2), of which 36.28 square miles (94.0 km2) (or 99.02%) is land and 0.36 square miles (0.93 km2) (or 0.98%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Crescent City (northeast three-quarters)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Flesher, Kirby, Pierce and Wilson.
Airports and landing strips
- Braden Farms Airport
- Dietchweiler Airport
- Central Community Unit School District 4
- Crescent Iroquois Community Unit School District 249
- Iroquois County Community Unit School District 9
- Iroquois West Community Unit School District 10
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State Senate District 38
- "Iroquois Township, Iroquois County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.