Iroquois Township, Newton County, Indiana
Location in Newton County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.8 sq mi (95 km2)|
|• Land||36.71 sq mi (95.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.24%|
|Elevation||646 ft (197 m)|
|• Density||37/sq mi (14/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
47922, 47948, 47951
|GNIS feature ID||453428|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.8 square miles (95 km2), of which 36.71 square miles (95.1 km2) (or 99.76%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.24%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Foresman at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Riverside Lake
- South Newton School Corporation
Iroquois Township is served by the Brook-Iroquois Township Public Library.
- Indiana's 1st congressional district
- State House District 15
- State Senate District 6
- "Iroquois Township, Newton County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- "Indiana public library directory" (PDF). Indiana State Library. Retrieved 10 March 2018.