Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuththu
|Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuthu|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Santhosh P. Jayakumar|
|Produced by||K. E. Gnanavel Raja|
|Music by||Balamurali Balu|
|Edited by||Prasanna GK|
|Distributed by||Studio Green|
Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuthu (English: Fierce punch in a dark room / Bang |Banging]] in a dark room) is a 2018 Indian Tamil language adult comedy horror film, written and directed by Santhosh P. Jayakumar and produced by K. E. Gnanavel Raja. The film stars Gautham Karthik, VJ Shaa Raa, Yashika Aannand, Vaibhavi Shandilya, and Chandrika Ravi in the lead roles, with Rajendran, Bala Saravanan, Karunakaran, John Vijay, and Jangiri Madhumitha being the supporting cast. The film is being remade in Telugu as Chikati Gadilo Chitha Kotudu.
Veera is a playboy who is rejected by every potential bride because of that reason. Thendral accepts the marriage proposal with one condition. She demands that he impress her and asks him to take her on a trip in order to know each other better. She also suggests him to bring along another couple. Veera informs his friend Vasu, who tells him that he has a girlfriend named Kavya, who is Veera's ex-girlfriend. When Kavya learns about Vasu's friendship with Veera, she vows to get her hands on him during the trip. The couple then travels to Thailand and rents a bungalow. Their host asks them not to go into a particular room in that bungalow.
One day, Veera and Vasu consume Viagra by accident, and when their girlfriends arrive earlier than expected, they run into the closed room to hide their arousal. There, they find a portrait of a woman and masturbate, thereby arousing the ghost. The ghost begins to haunt them. It reveals that it died in an accident as a virgin and will have sex with a virgin to rest her soul. Since both of them are virgins, they are unable to leave the house. The ghost tries several attempts to have sex with Vasu and Veera but fails. They make fun of the ghost, but all their plans go in vain as she takes the form of a beautiful woman.
Since the ladies know that the ghost is present, they call Jack and Rose, two conmen disguised as father and nun, respectively. When Jack and Rose encounter the ghost, they too are trapped because they are virgins. For pacifying the ghost, they hire a cook named Babyshri. There, Babyshri falls in love with Jack. From somewhere, another virgin man named Girish Kalyan comes and gets trapped in the house. To execute the plan, they come up with a plan to have a party in which they invite boys and girls, hoping that one of them should be a virgin, but no one is. Veera thinks that his playboy nature is responsible for all this fiasco and decides to have sex with the ghost. Veera almost seduces the ghost, but in the process puts a fire boundary around the ghost on the advice of a priest named Swamy. While Swamy controls the ghost, all the others (Veera-Thendral, Vasu-Kavya, Jack-Babyshri & Rose-Swamy's assistant) have sex and lose their virginity, which, in turn, results in the ghost getting killed. While taming the ghost, it is revealed that Swamy and Girish are homosexual men.
- Gautham Karthik as Veera, a playboy who is rejected by every potential bride
- VJ Shaa Raa as Vasu, Veera's friend
- Vaibhavi Shandilya as Thendral, Veera's wife
- Yaashika Aannand as Kavya, Vasu's wife and Veera's ex-girlfriend
- Chandrika Ravi as Ghost, who died as a virgin and will have sex with one to rest her soul
- Rajendran as Jack, a conman disguised as a father
- Bala Saravanan as Rose, a conman disguised as a nun
- Karunakaran as Girish Kalyan, a virgin man who is later found to be homosexual
- John Vijay as Swamy, a homosexual priest who controls the ghost
- Jangiri Madhumitha as Babyshri, a cook that falls in love with Jack
- K. S. G. Venkatesh as Veera's father
- Arya in a special appearance
Following the success of the adult comedy Hara Hara Mahadevaki (2017), K. E. Gnanavel Raja chose to associate with director Santhosh P. Jayakumar and actor Gautham Karthik for another film in the same genre. Titled Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuththu, Santhosh stated it would be one of the first "adult horror comedy" films shot in the Tamil film industry. Production was briefly delayed due to the FEFSI strike in September 2017, but it duly began later that month. The makers initially attempted to cast Oviya in a lead role, following her rise to fame through the reality show Bigg Boss (2017), but she turned down the offer. Vaibhavi Shandilya was subsequently cast as the lead actress and began shooting for the film in Chennai for a five-day schedule. The team later moved to Thailand to shoot the rest of the film. Actresses Rashmi Gautham and Chandrika Ravi joined the team during the Thailand schedule, with Rashmi later replaced by Yaashika Aanand.
|Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuththu|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Balamurali Balu chronology|
|1.||"Mokka Love Song"||Gaana Kadal, Santhosh P. Jayakumar||Anthony Daasan, Gaana Kadal||3:24|
|2.||"Maanam Pochi"||Gaana Kadal, Ku. Karthik, Santhosh P Jayakumar||Teejay, Gaana Kadal||3:25|
|3.||"IAMK Party Song"||Santhosh P. Jayakumar, Balamurali Balu, Ku. Karthik||Adithya Surendar, Suchitra, Teejay, Vishnupriya Ravi||3:07|
|4.||"Azhukku Jatti Amudhavalli"||MC Vickey||MC Vickey||3:00|
Tamil Nadu theatrical rights of the film were sold for ₹5.25 crore.
- "Gautham Karthik's next is an adult horror comedy - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "'Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuththu'- The title of Oviya's new film irks her fans | India Live Today Movies". India Live Today Movies. 2017-09-18. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Iruttu Arayil Murattu Kuthu to be shot in Thailand". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Thailand calling Gautham and Vaibhavi - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Cast of Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuthu gets stronger". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuthu to have three heroines". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "IAMK TN theatrical rights".