This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gotti in February 2005
|Birth name||Irving Domingo Lorenzo, Jr.|
|Also known as||DJ Irv, Gotti|
|Born||June 26, 1970|
Hollis, Queens, New York City, New York, U.S.
|Genres||Hip hop, R&B|
|Instruments||Turntables, mixer, keyboards, drum machine, sampler|
|Labels||Murder Inc, Universal, Ruff Ryders, Def Jam|
Irving Domingo Lorenzo, Jr. (born June 26, 1970), better known by his stage name Irv Gotti, is an American record executive, DJ and record producer and is the CEO and co-founder of Murder Inc. He is best known for producing multiple number-one records for Ashanti, Ja Rule, and Jennifer Lopez, as well as his collaborations with Jay-Z, DMX, and Kanye West. Gotti is also the creator of the BET series Tales.
A producer, deejay, and music executive, he founded Murder Inc Records in 1998 with his brother Chris (born 1967).
Money laundering indictment and acquittal
A 2003 investigation, including a raid on the Manhattan offices of Murder, Inc., resulted in charges of money laundering being brought against Gotti and his brother Christopher in connection with alleged financial transactions associated with New York City drug kingpin Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff. On December 2, 2005, a jury acquitted the brothers of all charges.
- "Infatuated" (Memphis Bleek)
- "Nice" (The Game) featuring Newz
- "Irv Gotti To Def Jam: "[They] Ain't F*cking W/ Me, I'm Too Much Of A N*gga" [Video] | SOHH.COM". Web.archive.org. January 22, 2012.
- "The Smoking Gun: Archive". Web.archive.org. October 12, 2004.
- "Irv Gotti, Brother Proclaim Innocence; Release On $1 Million Bond". Web.archive.org. March 10, 2007.
- Associated Press (December 3, 2005). "Murder Inc. mogul acquitted". TODAY.com. Retrieved October 12, 2016.