Irving Tennis Classic
|Irving Tennis Classic|
|ATP Challenger Tour|
|Venue||Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas|
|Category||ATP Challenger Tour|
|Surface||Hard / Outdoors|
|Men's singles||Mikhail Kukushkin|
|Men's doubles|| Philipp Petzschner|
The Irving Tennis Classic (previously held as Dallas Tennis Classic) is a tennis tournament held annually in Irving, Texas, United States since 2012. The event is one of main tournaments of the ATP Challenger Tour calendar and is played on outdoor hard courts.
The Irving Tennis Classic is one of the most prestigious Challenger tournaments since its foundation in 2012, when it replaced the BMW Tennis Championship. Held annually in mid-March, the tournament usually presents a high level in terms of player rankings, similar or even higher than some ATP 250 Series tournaments.[a] This occurs because the tournament is scheduled in-between the Indian Wells Masters and the Miami Open. This way, Top 50 players and below that are eliminated early at Indian Wells come to play in Irving.[b] The first two editions of the tournaments were named Dallas Tennis Classic, but the tournament has been held at the Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas since its first edition. As the Resort is actually located in Irving, the tournament was renamed in 2014 to reflect that. The official playing surface of the tournament is SportMaster Sport Surfaces.
|2012||Frank Dancevic||Igor Andreev||7–6(7–4), 6–3|
|2013||Jürgen Melzer||Denis Kudla||6–4, 2–6, 6–1|
|2014||Lukáš Rosol||Steve Johnson||6–0, 6–3|
|2015||Aljaž Bedene||Tim Smyczek||7–6(7–3), 3–6, 6–3|
|2016||Marcel Granollers||Aljaž Bedene||6–1, 6–1|
|2017||Aljaž Bedene||Mikhail Kukushkin||6–4, 3–6, 6–1|
|2018||Mikhail Kukushkin||Matteo Berrettini||6–2, 3–6, 6–1|
|2012|| Santiago González
| Bobby Reynolds
|2013|| Jürgen Melzer
| Eric Butorac
|2014|| Santiago González
| John-Patrick Smith
|4–6, 7–6(9–7), [10–7]|
|2015|| Robert Lindstedt
| Benjamin Becker
|2016|| Nicholas Monroe
| Chris Guccione
|6–2, 5–7, [10–4]|
|2017|| Marcus Daniell
| Oliver Marach
|2018|| Philipp Petzschner
| Radu Albot
- The last direct acceptance of the 2012 Brasil Open Main Draw is five ranks below the last direct acceptance of the 2012 Dallas Tennis Classic Main Draw, for example.
- Unlike other ATP Challenger Level events, top 50 ATP ranked players in the world can play in the Irving Tennis Classic without obtaining a wildcard, as explained in the 2018 Irving Tennis Classic Acceptance List.
- "Four Seasons Dallas at Las Colinas to Host Inaugural 2012 ATP Dallas Tennis Classic". Irving Chamber of Commerce. February 20, 2012. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- "Dallas Tennis Classic now the Irving Tennis Classic". Dallas News. February 17, 2014. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- "SportMaster Chosen as The Official Surface of The Dallas Tennis Classic". prweb. March 14, 2012. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- "Dallas Tennis Classic Aerials". SportMaster Sport Surfaces Facebook Page. March 13, 2013. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- "2012 Dallas Tennis Classic Main Draw". ATP. March 13, 2012. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- "2013 Dallas Tennis Classic Main Draw". ATP. March 11, 2013. Retrieved March 12, 2017.