|Prof. Dr. H.|
12th Governor West Sumatra
Assumed office |
12 February 2016
|Vice Governor||Nasrul Abit|
|Preceded by||Reydonnyzar Moenek (Acting)|
15 August 2010 – 15 August 2015
Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono|
|Vice Governor||Muslim Kasim|
|Preceded by||Marlis Rahman|
|Succeeded by||Reydonnyzar Moenek (Acting)|
December 20, 1963|
|Political party||Partai Keadilan Sejahtera (Prosperous Justice Party)|
|Children||Jundy Fadhlillah Wafiatul Ahdi Dhiya'u Syahidah Anwar Jundy Atika Ibrahim Shohwatul Ishlah Farhana Irwan Laili Tanzila|
University of Indonesia|
Universiti Putra Malaysia
Irwan Prayitno (born 20 December 1963 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia) is an Indonesian politician who is currently serving as the governor of West Sumatra province. He was elected in the 2010 election for the five-year period 2010–2015. Before his election as governor, he served as a member of Indonesia's Parliament (DPR-RI) from the election region of West Sumatra for three consecutive periods (1999–2004, 2004–2009, and 2009–2014).
With 32,44% votes, Irwan Prayitno is the second governor of West Sumatra elected by direct popular vote. He was sworn into office along with his deputy governor, Muslim Kasim by the Minister of Home Affairs Gamawan Fauzi on 15 August 2010.
Irwan Prayitno was born in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. His father, Djamrul Djamal, was from Padang, and his mother, Sudarni Sayuti, from Tanah Datar, West Sumatra. his parent coming from yogyakarta and long stay in minangkabau; After graduating his secondary school from SMA Negeri 3 (Public Senior High School 3) in Padang, Prayitno pursued his study at the psychology faculty at the University of Indonesia from 1982 to 1988. Prayitno continued his education at the Putra University in Malaysia where he obtained his master and PhD.
In the 2009 legislative election, Prayitno was elected as member of People's Representative Council (DPR-RI) from the Partai Keadilan Sejahtera (Prosperous Justice Party). Prayitno resigned from the DPR-RI because he decided to run for the election as governor of West Sumatra on 30 June 2010.
- "Karier Politik Berawal dari Dakwah Kampus". Tokoh Indonesia (in Indonesian). Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "DR. H. Irwan Prayitno, Psi, MSc" (in Indonesian). People's Representative Council. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Irwan Prayitno: Ambo Urang Minang". ANTARA (in Indonesian). Limapuluh Koto. 24 May 2010. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Irwan Prayitno Dilantik Jadi Gubernur Sumbar". VIVA.co.id (in Indonesian). 15 August 2010. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Pilkada Sumatera Barat Serentak 30 Juni". Tempo.co (in Indonesian). Padang. 9 February 2010. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- Sisko, Yonda (12 July 2010). "Irwan Prayitno-Muslim Kasim Menangi Pilkada Sumbar". Detik.com (in Indonesian). Padang. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
| Governor of West Sumatra
15 12 February 2016 - present
| Governor of West Sumatra
15 August 2010 - 15 August 2015
Reydonnyzar Moenek (Pj.)