Is This the Way to Armadillo
Is This the Way to Armadillo is a spoof video of the song Is This the Way to Amarillo produced by the Royal Dragoon Guards stationed in Iraq. The video was emailed so frequently on 13 May 2005 it crashed a server at the Ministry of Defence.
The video became so popular that servicemen from other countries from around the world created their own versions:
- Dutch troops stationed in Afghanistan made their own spoof of "Is This the Way to Amarillo" entitled "Dutch Amarillo".
- German officers and officer candidates made another spoof at the German armed forces university in Hamburg.
- Royal Australian Air Force officers made a spoof at the Australian Defence Force Academy called the Air Force Amarill.
- Is This the Way to Armadillo video links
- "Dutch Amarillo" The version done by Dutch troops stationed in Afghanistan.
- "One of numerous parodies on the Internet"
- BBC article
-  Norwegian "Kosovo"
- on YouTube (link broken as of January 2, 2007)
|This United Kingdom military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|