Isa Ali Pantami
Isa Ali Ibrahim
At NITDA Head Quarter
|Director General NITDA|
|Assumed office |
26 September 2016
|Preceded by||Mr. Peter Jack|
|Head of Information Technology Department|
|Born||20 October 1972|
Gombe State, Nigeria
Isa Ali Ibrahim "Sheikh Pantami" (Born 20, October 1972) is the Director General and CEO of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) in Nigeria.
Early life and education
Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami was born on 20 October 1972 in Gombe State, Nigeria. His mother was Hajiya Amina Umar Aliyu and his father was Alhaji Ali Ibrahim Pantami. He studied Computer Science at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University in Bauchi, Nigeria, gaining a BTech in 2002/2003 Session and an MSc in 2008, before obtaining a PhD from Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland.
He also received special training on Digital transformation and Management Strategy from Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Cambridge University, among others.
Pantami lectured at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University in Information Technology before joining the Islamic University of Madinah as Head of Technical Writing in 2014. In 2016, he was appointed as the director of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA). He was confirmed by President Muhammadu Buhari as part of 13 newly appointed chief executives for 13 government agencies. His directive for NITDA upon employment was to develop the ICT infrastructure in the North East in the aftermath of the destruction caused by Boko Haram insurgency. Shortly after the WannaCry ransomware attack, he organized the second annual conference on "Financial Fraud and Cyber Crime" in Abuja with the Federal Ministry of Justice and private sector partners. He also initiated the Nigerian national public key infrastructure (PKI) programme, and went into a security partnership with ESET, an IT security company that offers anti-virus and firewall products.
Pantami received an award as the "ICT Promoter of the Year 2017" in London by The Nigerian in recognition of "positive contributions to the ICT revolution in Nigeria, youth empowerment & good governance".
Pantami is a Jumu'ah Chief Imam who has been leading the Jumu'ah prayer for over 20 years in both Nigeria and the United Kingdom. He serves as a Member of Shari'ah Board of Jaiz Bank. He is also a Shurah member and Deputy Secretary General of the Supreme Council for Shari'ah (SCS) in Nigeria. He was educated in Islam by scholars including Muhammad Umar Fallatah, Muhammad ibn al Uthaymeen and Abdulmuhsin ibne Abbad. He also is the Chairman of Board of Trustees of Al’Hudah Islamiyyah & Mosque Foundation, and a member/secretary of Bauchi State Elders Advisory Committee and Bauchi state National Qur’anic Competition Committee among other committees. He has debated with Mohammed Yusuf, the leader of Boko Haram, against Salafism in 2008.
Pantami authored more than a dozen books on ICT, STEM, technology, politics & community reconciliation, religion and peaceful coexistence, as well as over 20 publications in international journals, including International Journal of Innovative Research in Engineering and Management (IJIREM), Macrotheme Review, and International Journal of Computer & Information Technology. Religious books authored by him include Islam and Politics, Synonimity or Dichotomy?, The Essentials of Marriage in Establishing An Ideal Family, Month of The Qur’an & Its Virtues, and 63 Steps of Performing an Acceptable Hajji and Its Spiritual and Moral Lesson.
In June 2017, rumor spread in Nigeria that Pantami has led the conversion of Solomon Dalung, the Minister of Youths and Sports, from Christianity to Islam at the an-Noor Mosque Abuja, Nigeria. The rumor was protested by both Pantami and Dalung. There have been allegations that Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) was investigating the 2017 spending of NITDA, though Pantami and Adebayo Shittu, the Minister of Communications, claimed that no such investigation happened.
- Meet the New NITDA Director-General-Dr Isa Ali Pantami, Sahara Standard
- who is Shaikh Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami?, Daily Media
- Buhari condoles NITDA boss over mother’s death, Punch
- Pantami, National Information Technology Development Agency
- "NITDA'S New DG/CEO, Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, PhD Assumes Duty". NITDA. September 30, 2016.
- Dr. Isa Ali Pantami Is The New Director-General Of NITDA, TechCabal
- President Buhari appoints professor as new NITDA DG, Pulse
- NITDA To Comply With Presidential Directive On Redeployment Of ICT Infrastructure In North East, Nigerian Television Authority
- NITDA Boss Shines As Nigeria’s ICT Promoter of Year 2017 By Simon Onmeje, The Nigerian
- Enforce your mandate and implement PKI programmes, Osinbajo tells NITDA, IT Pulse
- Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, DG NITDA Wins Awards of “ICT Promoter of the Year” In London, Inside Arewa
- the Pantami revolution in NITDA, Daily Trust
- Meet the new heads of agencies, Daily Trust
- Executive Profile, Bloomberg
- Friday Afternoon Roundup – Profiles in Outrage, Right Side News
- Alex Thurston, ‘The disease is unbelief’: Boko Haram’s religious and political worldview, Center for Middle East Policy
- Alexander Thurston, Salafism in Nigeria, page 229, Cambridge University Press, 2016, ISBN 1107157439
- Buhari appoints Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami as the new DG for NITDA, CUPSTV
- Dalung Denies Converting To Islam, ‘I Belong To Christian Realism’, The Whistler
- Minister of Sport Solomon Dalung has not accepted Islam - Dr Isa Ali Pantami, i-Media TV
- Hukumar EFCC Ba Ta Bincike Na – Sheikh Isa Ali Pantami, Al'Ummata
- NITDA’S 2017 budget not under investigation by EFCC, Premium Times
|This Nigerian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|