This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Isaac Getz is a Professor at ESCP Europe business school and author of books and articles. He has been instrumental for the corporate liberation movement involving hundreds of companies and institutions.
In 2009, he co-published the book Freedom, Inc. with Brian M. Carney, which introduced the concept of “freedom-based company” or “liberated company”. Based on the field study of several dozen companies, such as W. L. Gore, USAA, Harley Davidson, Sun Hydraulics, Richards Group, IDEO, Chaparral Steel, FAVI, and SOL, it described the role of corporate—liberating—leaders to build organizational environment based on freedom and responsibility. The revised and expanded edition has been published in 2016. Book’s editions have also appeared in Sweden, Hungary, Czech Republic, Netherlands, India, Israel, and South Korea and is forthcoming in China and Romania.
- Isaac Getz & Alan Robinson, Vos idées changent tout !, Paris, Éd. d'Organisation, 2003 (2nd edition, 2007), 209 p. (ISBN 2-7081-2871-X); editions in German, Dutch, Italian, and Spanish.
- Brian M. Carney & Isaac Getz, Freedom, Inc., Crown Business/Random House, 2009, revised and expanded edition, 2016, 400 p. (ISBN 978-2-08-138021-9)
- Isaac Getz, La liberté, ça marche !, Flammarion, 2016, 374 p. (ISBN 978-0-7867-5635-3)
- Isaac Getz (Summer 2009), « Liberating Leadership: How the Initiative-Freeing Radical Organizational Form Has Been Successfully Adopted, California Management Review, Vol 51, N°4, pp. 32-58 », on cmr.ucpress.edu (consulted on May 10, 2017)
- Isaac Getz (March 2011), « 1960s’ Lessons Learned: Liberating Leadership and Transformational Scholarship, Journal of Management Inquiry, Vol 20, N°1, pp. 8-12 », on promostudio.info (consulted on January 02, 2018)
Awards and distinctions
- The article "Liberating Leadership: How the initiative-freeing radical organizational form has been successfully adopted", California Management Review received the Academic Award from SYNTEC Management Consulting in 2010 for the best article of a French researcher in the category “Management / Human Resources / Organization".
- The 2016 study by FNEGE (French national foundation for management education) of 1600 French managers ranked Isaac Getz as the fourth most influential living author in the world, in the field of management.
Notes and references
- "Isaac Getz, "Hierarchies are unnatural – it's time for a liberating revolution", in People Management". www2.cipd.co.uk. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "Andrew Hill, "Power to the workers: Michelin's great experiment"". www.ft.com. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Adam Gale, "Employee engagement: The French way", Management Today, January 24, 2017". www.managementtoday.co.uk. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "How Labor Is Liberated". WSJ. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- Schramm, Carl J. (19 October 2009). "Capitalist Liberation". Forbes. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Bill Gore's Formula for Failure". strategy+business. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Remise des trophées de la deuxième édition du prix académique Syntec Conseil en management". LExpansion.com (in French). 1 May 2010. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Interview Isaac Getz - Freedom Incs". Youtube. 29 September 2010. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "M. Kalika, S. Liarte, & J. Moscarola, " Enquête FNEGE sur l'impact de la recherche en management "" (PDF). Fnege. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "FNEGE study Top 50 Ranking" (PDF). Iseor-formations. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "Adam Gale, "Employee engagement: The French way", Management Today, January 24, 2017". Managementtoday. Retrieved 17 May 2017.